People Spend More Money When They Shop Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Oct 5, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I generally will only purchase specific items online that I am looking for. Shopping online makes it easy to shop around for the best deal when purchasing a specific item. Promo codes for a certain percentage off of the bill or free shipping are usually easy to find and are enticing when I am looking to order something online.

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I think I have been guilty of over-spending when shopping online. It was especially bad when I used credit cards. There are just so many good deals, it's easy to fal into that trap. I am much more cautious now than I used to be.

3. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I feel like I actually save a lot of money while shopping online. The key is to just compare prices and only decide to buy online if you know that it is worth it. Another important point is to not forget the shipment cost, but apart from that there's not any difficulties.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually spend far less because I don't want to spend my money on something I'm unsure of.. that's when being able to put your hands on something comes in handy. I don't usually bother myself with returning things, so I'd rather be certain of something than blow the money.

5. healthgeek

healthgeekNew Member

Threads:
    I used to not buy online because I am the kind that need to feel and touch the products before I purchase. But sigh....after friends introduce me to some shopping sites,I discover I can get some stuff cheaper online than from retail shops. I just buy what I need, thankfully. Online shopping is not a bad thing if you can get a better deal, sometimes you find things online that cannot be found easily in stores. Bottom line is shop sensibly and exit once got the items to buy.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also one of those people who likes to be able to see, touch, and inspect the products that I am gong t buy, and have been known to put ins of beans back on the shelf, in favor of another one that did not have the label ripped off or a dent in it lol. But at the same time, the allure of the convenience of online shopping is just too big a draw. Luckily I have always received products in great condition.

7. healthgeek

healthgeekNew Member

Threads:
    Haha... we are the same species of shopper!! I still prefer to shop in an actual shop. But this mindset of mine actually is good at deterring me from overspending online. I only buy online if I feel comfortable about the items. If I still want to see, touch and feel them, then stop at that...;)

8. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced chopping online yet but I have the belief that it is indeed cheaper and hassle free especially for someone who doesn't really have the time to physically shop in stores. Not to mention the stress of having to face traffic jams and overly populated shopping malls especially during sales or holidays. If I would have the chance to shop online in the future, I would consider it. :)

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I think that I may spend more money when I'm shopping online just because I tend to buy a few extra things just to save money on shipping. However, I tend to spend more than. I would have in the first place.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    The only time that I spent money online was when I bought a missing comic book issue on eBay for my collection. The price was very steep for the book's rarity including the shipping fee because it was shipped from the UK but I was on binge spending during that time so I still bought the issue anyways. And there never was a day that I never regretted my decision.

11. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have done this in the past, when I had extra money to spend. I would get caught up in the deals and figure I'd save money if I bought it, or bought two of the item, instead of one. Nowadays, I'm on a very tight budget. I tend to avoid looking at sales posts and emails that i see, so I'm not tempted. I did look a little more around Christmas, because I had to purchase a few gifts, and needed a few things for myself, but I'm back to my usual frugality right now. I do think we can find some great deals online, but I also think there's a greater possibility of falling for scams, such as counterfeit goods or shoddy quality or workmanship, unless we stick with known retailers.

12. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I usually try to compare deals whenever I am shopping online. Therefore, I usually spent a fair amount of trying to secure the best deal. The higher cost, however, may arise from the shipping, handling, and clearance charges, which in some instance were not a clear as was indicated.

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm online shopping around for something, I find tons of appealing deals that I bookmark, but I don't go with them as soon as seen.

Some of them may say "limited time offer" yet they are bookmarked because when I need to buy specific things, I have to find them and compare price among different stores first.

If happens that I have found what I was looking for and my budget allows to buy such deal, I may buy it, or may not. It usually depends on a second thought; love at first sight, but then later I'm usually asking myself if I really need such a thing or I would not find again at the lower price it is announced.. but may happen that postponing the purchase may bring the same item even at lower price the next time if it's not sold on that day.

14. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I think shopping online limits my impulse buys. Walking around the stores, I find many more things that I feel I just have to have. When I shop online, I already know what I want and that is what I search for to find the best price. I think it just depends on the type of shopper you are whether you spend more money online.