People Who Steal To Get Free Stuff

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Zyni • Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have taken a few napkins in case of spills and a straw or two. Though I don't take packets of ketchup or anything like that. If I was really hurting for some napkins, then I would rethink the burger from the dollar menu and go to the dollar store.

Although....

There was this one time my brother got a great idea on how to get "free" soda at McDonald's. He took the old McDonald's cups in our car and went into Mcdonalds with the cup and just helped himself to some pop.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lol. As far as cultery, I don't like to take those types of utensils from anyone or anywhere lol. I am a bit of a germaphobe, so it is very rare that you will see me actually take anything intentionally these days, because of the germs that I think are on the item - whatever it my be lol. The most common thing that this happens with though is pens and other stationary.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't blame you at all! Although I'm not obsessive over it, I too am very careful and although I grab a few of those, I still have to wash them throughly before I use them. Have you see how they're stored LOL? Just out in the open where anybody can grab them. I've seen a few places where they have them wrapped in napkins, but even then I still wash them before I sue them. You can't be too careful!

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha! Don't even get me started on how they are stored. *cringes* There is nothing worse than products - especially food related products - that are left out in the open for anybody to touch at any given time. Ewwww. Even the cutlery that you can purchase at legitimate stores, I wash them thoroughly before use.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Hehe DreekLass you just gave me a mental vision that turned my stomach LOL I think these days you have to wash absolutely everything new you get because everyone is able to finger them and look at them in the store. You just don't know where those hands have been ....ewwww!!

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was in high school, I worked at McDonald's and we were told how many condiments we could give each customer. If they asked for more, we were allowed to give them a certain amount, and if they still wanted more, we had to charge them for each individual packet. I tend to use a lot of condiments, and that embarrassed me, because I think if someone is paying for something such as a cup of coffee, the company should allow at least 2 sugars and creamers apiece and budget for that, since there's a huge markup on coffee anyway.

I have no problem taking extra napkins, but by extra, I mean probably about 10, since I'm a slob, and am always spilling my food. I tend to keep a few in my car, but use most of what I take right away, while I'm eating. I don't feel guilty about that in the least. I really don't have an issue with someone like @missbishi@missbishi taking one roll of toilet paper in an emergency situation, because I'd give it to her from my home anyway if she needed it and I had it, and I feel the same about (a few) office supplies. I think most companies get more than they pay for from most of their employees, and I don't know of anyone who has never taken a pen or pad of paper.

If the supplies are branded, such as pens at the bank, those are promotional materials, and the bank benefits when people take them, because others usually see them lying around or being used, and that puts the company name in front of them. Also, since they're promotional materials, their cost is probably being written off on taxes.

7. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This has probably happened to most people at some point. I'm not even against taking a few things intentionally when you're working at home. I'm talking about people who always take a bunch of stuff just because they can or they save money by taking more than is reasonable (on a regular basis). Like the people taking the paint cards for crafting and such... I just don't feel right about something like that.

I take a good number of napkins at a fast food joint myself. I just don't take enough to have "free" napkins at home for the next month, lol.