Pepsi or Coke?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by atribble73 • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    You and me. You and me are going to start up a shipping company to bring it back to the UK, and we'll make millions! Join with me kid, and we'll be rolling in it, and everyone on this site will wish that they got on board with us when we were just starting out!

2. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, we're adding options? I vote for root-beer (any brand), and then Dr. Pepper ...

I think Coke is closer-tasting to those. Pepsi tastes more-sugary to me, kinda sickening.

Taste is a really-tricky sense. To me, Coke tastes like 'my mom's parents' house' while Pepsi tastes like 'my dad's parents' house.' (And I like my mom's family more than my dad's, so Coke wins :p )

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I also love the new "Share A Coke" campaign. My husband surprised me one day by bringing home a bottle with my name on it. That man knows the way to my heart. :)

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Coke. I tried to like Pepsi, but I just don't like the taste. Whenever I go to a restaurant or bar and they only have Pepsi, I will opt for something else instead.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda often, but I tend to drink Coke instead of Pepsi. I think this is just out of habit though; my mom never bought Pepsi when I was a kid. When it comes to taste, I couldn't distinguish one from the other.

6. atlman

atlmanNew Member

Threads:
    If I were just rating Pepsi and Coke by their selves, I would definitely go with Pepsi. But since I assume we're talking about all products of both brands, I definitely have to go with Coke. It has so many more flavors and options than Pepsi. To me, Cherry Vanilla Coke can do no wrong in my eyes and is my favorite soda. If Pepsi steps up their game with the variety of flavors they can have, I might switch to their side some day.

7. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I love these!!! I found one with my husbands name and we also have the can that says legend. My personal favorites are the cans that say soulmate. We have two of those we're saving :)

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm going to give my choice of soda without any bias when it comes to marketing and promotion. I won't base my choice on the type of can or bottle used or the different freebies given or the commercials shown on TV or the gimmicks that they do. I won't base my choice on the popularity of the product in the place where I'm at. I'm just going to base my choice on how well it tastes on my mouth.

So, which would I choose - Pepsi or Coke?

Coke.

9. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    On taste I think Coke wins hands down, and I am sure most people agree...that's why it is more popular in the country where I live.

On marketing however, Coke have pulled some awesome tricks out, most noticeably the named bottles we all see and compare right now. This was a stroke of genius, I keep meaning to check some stats to see just how much impact it had on their sales as I can only imagine it has worked wonders.

Plus, am I the only one who associates Coke with Christmas too? Their Christmas adverts and branding has burnt a memory I cannot shake off!

10. AugustGreig

AugustGreigMember

Threads:
    Well, honestly i am not a big fan of cola flavored soda in general. But my favorite actually has always been RC. But if I had to choose between Pepsi and Coke, I would definitely go with Coke. Pepsi just tastes too sweet for me. And have you ever had those Cokes that come from Mexico? They are in a glass bottle and contain real cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Man, those things are amazing! Everything always tastes better out of a glass bottle.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Though I like organic sodas like Reeds or Hansen, every so often I get a craving for Coke. Coca-cola imported from Mexico is also good on a hot day or with a burger. My favorite is the cherry vanilla that came out a few years ago.

12. BoomSchroasted

BoomSchroastedNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I try not to drink soft drinks. However, if I do, I will only drink Coke or Cheerwine (A small soda company in the south east). I think Coke has the better taste, and for some reason, Pepsi sometimes makes me feel sick. I am not sure if it is the flavor that makes me feel that way, or if it is because I have just never drank it very much, so it doesn't settle well with my stomach

13. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer Pepsi over Coke any day. I just do not like the way that Cokes taste. I also feel like they have more acid in them than Pepsi. I have always been a Pepsi fan and always will.

14. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I used to drink about a gallon of coke a day. I would prefer Coke back in the day but now I try not to drink either, it really wrecked my health and I had quite the addiction to it. Now I'm addicted to coffee.

15. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ever since I was a kid, I always drank Coke. Back in the 50's, Coke was what was served at most hamburger stands. Eventually, some of them started serving Pepsi, and it became popular as well.
    Now, they are both just so sweet that i don't drink either one very much, and if i do have one, I really can't tell the difference in the taste. Given the choice, I would still order a Coke, just because that is what i have always preferred; but I really can't tell much difference in taste.
    I have gotten used to drinking just plain filtered water, usually with lemon inn it, and when I do drink pop, I like to put lemon in that as well.

16. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I pefer coke over pepsi. I have always felt coke is better than pepsi as it feels really nice to drink it. I have always felt that coke is always little less sweeter than pepsi. Maybe, this is one of the reasons I prefer coke over pepsi. Also, you do not feel very full on drinking coke as it feels in the case of pepsi. Also, I love the coke cans. This might sound weird, but I was known to collect lots of tins when I was a child.

17. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeRMember

Threads:
    I was a lifelong Coca-Cola drinker but I made the switch to Pepsi a few years ago and haven't looked back. They are all bad for you but Coca-Cola was tasting less and less sweeter to me. So the reason that akiii123 was turned off to Pepsi is the reason that I enjoy it. That sugary goodness!

Coke's new campaign is interesting but I'll be darned if I can find my uncommon name at any supermarket. It just makes me more frustrated and sad, I guess I'll go have a Pepsi :)

18. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630Banned

Threads:
    I've always preferred Coke, both me and my friends. I think it's something different about its taste, hard to describe though. Maybe pepsi is a little bit.. sweeter? At least in my opinion.

19. K'Lyn

K'LynNew Member

Threads:
    I don't normally drink dark sodas but when I do i choose coke or pepsi any day. Coke is more refreshing and pepsi is bit watered down from my experiences.

20. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge soda drinker but when I have the choice it is always Pepsi. I guess the reason is because my mom was basically a Pepsi addict when I was growing up ! She never drank coffee or anything else, it was always Pepsi. :) Pretty much all we had in the house for soda was Pepsi so that's what my taste buds crave. :)

I do LOVE ginger ale and grape soda as well... probably more than colas. I don't buy a lot of soda anymore because of my kiddos. It is sooo bad for their teeth and the dentist warned us about the amounts of sugar soda contains. We do have it as a treat every now and then. :)

Danyel :)