Pepsi or Coke?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by atribble73 • Jul 21, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I used to drink pop (yes, I'm Canadian lol) I was a Pepsi girl. Coke is too thick and harsh.. it was like drinking bubbly syrup to me, it just reminded me what I was actually drinking lol. Ew. Pepsi, as someone else mentioned, was a lot smoother and went down so nice and refreshing. Today I'd rather choke than drink either :p

2. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I have a cousin who used to drink only coke all day everyday, it was like she was drinking it instead of water. And she did that for like a few years until she got sick and had to be taken to the hospital and the doctor prescribed a strict diet for quite some time and no more coke, ever. I have some stomach problems as well and I very rarely drink coke, only in certain weekends at parties or when visiting my relatives at diners and even then only a glass or so.

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a huge Diet Coke problem. I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Who knows what's in that stuff, haha? After a few days of withdrawal, I have not missed the stuff. I have had a regular Coke or two to stay awake on road trips lately. So, my answer is "Coke" but in moderation.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Coke and it's not even a contest for me. Coke is my 2nd favorite soda after Dr. Pepper. I can't stand the after-taste of Pepsi and how it just sticks to your teeth and such. There's nothing worse at a restaurant when you ask for a Coke and you hear "Is Pepsi Ok?" in return. Like no! I want Coke!

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into caffeinated or dark soda anymore. It is hard to say but I drink Sprite regularly. Also when I have to drink caffeinated (like at the movie theatres) I guess I would say the Coke products because the caffeinated ones I would like are Dr. Pepper and Vanilla Coke.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to cut down on soda a good bit, but I'll have either. I definitely prefer coke though, and it's always my first choice. I've actually been really into vanilla coke lately, sort of putting a little damper on my cutting down plans ;).

7. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Coke. I don't really like how Pepsi tastes like, it seems a bit different and weird. It's got that sugary sting that seems to be too strong and particular while compared t Coke it's pretty much a whole punch.

8. curtclicker

curtclickerMember

Threads:
    When given a choice, I'll always choose Coke. Even though I believe that I can tell the difference, I don't know if I can! I seriously doubt my ability to differentiate the two, and I question if I actually prefer one over the other, or if marketing has just gotten to my head. Oh well! Coca-Cola forever! Anyone else think the placebo effect is strong between these two?

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I know can tell the difference. This doesn't really settle the argument, but few weeks ago, my brother asked me if I wanted a Diet Coke. It was a long day, so I said
    "sure." As soon as I took the first sip, I knew it was not real Diet Coke. I drank it (with difficulty) to be polite. Sure enough, when I took something to the trash can later, I found an empty 2 liter of Target brand Diet Soda. So, I believe I can also taste the difference between Coke and Pepsi.

10. Noril Salvo

Noril SalvoNew Member

Threads:
    Love them both but I have to concede with Coke. It's "sweeter" than Pepsi. Always had been since the early days. Pepsi is usually the go-to drink when there is no Coke. Let's be honest. Pepsi's more subdued flavor is good if you're looking for something tamer than Coke.

11. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    I really don't like any Pepsi products, I favor coke and coke products a lot more. The only time I even drink pepsi is if I go some where to eat and that's all they have but it's usually coke for me. I think it's a 50/50 when it comes to coke and pepsi they are 2 of the top companies.

12. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    The cola flavor is my favorite to drink when I drink soda. I like both Pepsi and Coke but lately I've liked Pepsi just a little bit more. When I do purchase I will purchase whichever one is on sale though because you really can't go wrong with either one especially when they are cold.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not drink soda's except for a mixed drink when I am out. I will get a rum and coke some times. I do not like carbonated water in any drink. I do get a carbonnated flavored water that I let go flat so that I can drink it without all of the burping.

14. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I choose Coke because most of the stores where I go to sell more Coke than Pepsi. Or if they do, I don't notice Pepsi at all. I choose only Pepsi if fastfood chains serve Pepsi. But then, even in fastfood chains, I no longer choose those meals that serve soda. I buy food a la carte and just get myself some service water. With that, I don't have to worry about stomachaches.

15. watsadamen

watsadamenMember

Threads:
    No competition here for me. Hands down, I prefer Coca-Cola way better than the other brand. No other product comes close to its refreshing taste. Why is Coca-Cola d@mn addicting? I know its unhealthy with its high sugar content but food just tastes better with Coca-Cola (except for my desserts though, because I prefer my sweets with coffee lol). Coca-Cola is a staple in family gatherings because meals just taste better with Coca-Cola. We do try to mellow it down and my family drinks Coca-Cola usually on weekends, if we eat out or during special occasions.

[​IMG]

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh the essential debate..hmm, I have to say I prefer diet coke. I do like some of the pepsi flavors though like wild cherry, and pepsi max. Pepsi is a bit too tame for my tastes, although I grew up drinking pepsi. It was always exciting to go to my grandparents house because they drank coke. It seemed like a rare and unusual treat.

17. ttirb

ttirbNew Member

Threads:
    I enjoy both Pepsi and coke, it really depends on my mood. I think coke is more carbonated and stays fresher in the refrigerator longer if it's an open container. I will drink both however if I'm buying it in large quantities such as 12 packs or 6packs I would go with coke because I do like the flavor of it better., unless of course Pepsi is on sale then I will go with that.

18. DarlingSawyer

DarlingSawyerNew Member

Threads:
    pepsi girl here.. though I love Coke.. Coke leaves a strong taste in my mouth..it's quite acidic

19. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have always been a Coke fan. I don't like the taste of Pepsi. I think people prefer what ever they are use to when it comes to Coke or Pepsi. I don't really care for other Pepsi products either. I wish it was otherwise because I know that Coke as a brand has not always backed the best values in society. But this is about taste, not the brand itself.

20. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Always been a Coke guy. Whether its regular Coke, Vanilla Coke or Cherry Coke. Always been a fan of them all. As far as Pepsi goes, its ok but I rarely drink it. If I drink a Pepsi product its usually Wild Cherry Pepsi. Its my favorite of thr bunch.