Pepsi or Coke?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by atribble73 • Jul 21, 2014.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with Thomas that RC cola is delicious too. Now we don't have RC cola any longer and I don't know why. Coke is good and Pepsi is just too sweet and doesn't have enough of a fizz like Coke does. I like Coke, but I love RC cola. Here is an article about it:
    "Midlife Crisis In Hawaii"

. RC cola is bottled in Indiana and I just don't know why RC isn't brought to Hawaii any longer. I remember RC cola when I was growing up and can empathize with the article Midlife Crisis In Hawaii a lot.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    If you would be able to browse my family album, you will see a little me drinking Coke at age.. 3 or 4.

I loved coke for the years to come since, but there was a time when Coke distributors went on strike and it was nearly impossible to find any Coke. When this happened, Pepsi came to rescue, and if there were no Coke, Pepsi was the next closer match and the only other cola soda available through the strike, so eventually I switched to Pepsi.

Yes, I realized the different taste but I couldn't (and can't still) live without cola soda.

With the pass of the time I stopped buying costly items that I could still get unbranded or store-branded with the same quality (or better sometimes) but paying a fraction of the price.

And this is why I could say that my choice is neither Pepsi or Coke, but a "generic" cola soda. I like vanilla and cherry Coke, same as other branded sodas, which I may buy but occasionally.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coke is perennially the number 1 in soda and Pepsi trails it all the time. But Pepsi's approach now is a bit rewarding for them. They offer a cooler and a big discount to restaurants who would be their exclusive partner, meaning the restaurant would sell only Pepsi. And having a good offer, may restaurants are now exclusive to Pepsi.

4. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.New Member

Threads:
    Definitely Coke. Pepsi tastes too much like syrup to me. There's nothing like a pepperoni pizza, or a thick cheeseburger and fries, with an ice cold Coke.

I also like Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Strawberry Soda, and Creme Soda. I used to like Cherry Coke too, but lately it seems to taste like "Raid" insect spray. It has a weird chemical taste to it.

5. copelandbessie

copelandbessieNew Member

Threads:
    I like Coke.. but recently I have this Acid Reflux whenever I drink a can of coke I have this stomach ache. In which I switch to Pepsi product which for me is less acidic.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When I still drank soda, it was always Pepsi alone but Coke in floats for me. I think probably because Pepsi always tasted sweeter to me, so using it in a float would just be too much. But I preferred root beer (mmm, Barq’s) or Squirt to either of those.

7. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go for Coke, because pepsi is ridiculously expensive here. If I want to splash out a bit I go for Curiosity Cola. It blows the others out of the water!

8. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Coke. Something about Pepsi just doesn't quite taste right to me. I think because I first had Coke long before I had Pepsi, so it always just seems like an 'off' version of Coke. Also used to have a friend who would only offer Pepsi when I was over so I got pretty sick of it.

Overall I don't really like either of them that much. I'd rather go for the fruitier Crush drinks, particularly Cream Soda.

9. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Coke. Pepsi tastes like medicine with lots of bubbles. And it seems like it has more carbonation than Coke? Maybe it's just me. Although I don't normally drink any of them, I'd prefer to drink lemonade or sweet tea, or 7up if choosing a fizzy drink.
    But I've heard Coke and Pepsi in the states taste different from their European versions, and that's all I've tasted.

10. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    Although both are good but i would prefer Cocke on the basis of taste and quality. It is 50 times better than Pepsi...

11. glockman

glockmanNew Member

Threads:
    I have to say Coca-Cola. Its really hard, nay near impossible to get a Pepsi where i come from. The second problem is that there are so many sub-standard cola type soft drinks around that anything other than Coca-Cola is viewed with suspicion

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Can I say that I hate both of them? They are both known to be extremely bad for your health, and I have always hated the way that they make my teeth feel after I drink them. They make my teeth feel dry almost? Dry and gritty, and no other soda or fizzy drink that I buy has ever done that, besides the coke/pepsi variety. They both taste pretty tasteless too. Not my favorite soda by a long shot.

13. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like them either, glad to see I'm not the only one! I don't like soda in general, I think the carbonation is really what I don't like. I can stand Mountain Dew, but I don't drink it often. I can stand some energy drinks, but I rarely enjoy them. I'm glad I don't like soda though, its so bad for you!

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not that big of a fan of either, but I much, much prefer coke over pepsi. Pepsi never seems to have much fizz to me, and I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that it's too sweet? My go to fizzy drink is usually ginger beer, but sometimes I do like a very ice cold coke :)

15. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally speaking, they taste the same to me, haha. I've never been picky about the two. I never really have a time I'd choose one or the other. I note that some fast food joints here only serve either one, though. Like how McDonald's here only has Coke and KFC's here only have Pepsi.

16. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind either but given the choice I'll choose coke. There is something very comforting about having a coke with a McDonald's burger. It reminds me of my childhood where McDonald's was a real treat and having soda was even more of a treat. I like Pepsi with a slice of lemon or lime in it. Coke I like all on it's on over lots of ice.

17. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    Dr. Pepper. This may be an obtuse answer to a question like this, but hear me out. Dr. Pepper has become a popular enough cola to not only gain steam outside of its former ownership lives with both Coke and Pepsi, but as its own company. The subtlety of 21 flavors put into this soda are done with taste. There's not a single ingredient that overpowers the rest of the soda, leaving for a unique taste that keeps it on the top of most peoples' lists.

However, in this scenario, I may have to go with Coca-Cola. I was raised in Atlanta, so I have to root for the hometown team (even though I would probably go Pepsi were I go live in Denver)

18. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    It's funny but true, many people still believe that if it is not Coca-Cola it is not a legitimate the legitimate cola soft drink containing drug, as was thought when it was first sold 100 years ago.

I remember really bad tasting cola beverages, Canada Dry had one called Spur Cola that wasn't remotely close to Coke or Pepsi, but I guess Coca Cola recipe was leaked sometime early this century because actually most cola drinks taste if not equal, acceptably similar unless really bad.

@AllAboutTheLincolns@AllAboutTheLincolns, I also like the taste of Dr. Pepper regardless is somewhat different, but as long as is cola and tastes good, I can drink it ;)

19. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of all of the sodas out there that are dark, Dr. Pepper is the most tolerable to me. It has a nice taste to it, and after I have had a few swigs of it my teeth don't feel like someone has rubbed athlete's chalk onto them. It has the best taste of all the dark sodas, in my opinion. But I doubt that it is any healthier, as far as all of the sugar and crap that they put into it.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I opt for caffeine free Dr. Pepper. That's the only problem with Dr. Pepper is Weis is the only store that sells it in caffeine free as far as I know.

You're probably right but most things aren't supposed to be healthy for my body (at least without that banana trick maybe but even then I feel like I have to watch it) so I figure why not drink what I want provided I don't drink it daily and get enough water. I also figure with these occasional drinks it keeps me from being a Fiji holic which isn't good either. Yes you can actually drink too much water. Isn't life wonderful? :(