Perfect Trilogy Movie Series In Your Opinion

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 6, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I find it hard picking a favorite trilogy, since usually one of the three falls a little short. I've also never watched Star Wars, and I bet many would argue that it is a perfect trilogy, but I was never interested in it enough to find out. The Matrix trilogies also seemed to kind of fall flat after the first one, which seems to be a majority consensus. My vote would go with Fast and Furious series (1-3), personally, if you would disregard 4, 5 and 6 and regard them as a second one like the Star Wars prequels, but if I had to strictly follow by "trilogy rules", I'd say Back to the Future is closest. So... what say you, DPF members, do you think I am mistaken? Did I miss any good trilogies that could or should be nominated as a perfect trilogy?

2. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Those were one of the best trilogies to come out. I have both the theatrical and extended versions of these movies. I like watching them over and over because I love the scenery and the actors. I have watched The Hobbit and I can't wait to watch the second movie in that series. I just like the world of Middle Earth.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, Lord of the Rings was pretty much perfect. But I'd also like to mention The Matrix. Yes, the first one was the best but the creators did a great job in continuing the story in parts 2 and 3. I loved the action sequences. It was one of a kind. As for animated films, I'd probably go with Toy Story.

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, there are so many great trilogies. I made sure to have Lord of the Rings and The Matrix in my collection. They were great buys. I can't count how many times I've watched them. I love those movies. And although the first Matrix was the best in the series, the others were good too. I also like the Dark Knight series (Batman). I don't have it in my collection, but whenever it's on tv, i watch it.

5. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    The nolan batman series was a great trilogy. I also really liked the Mariachi/Desperado/Once Upon a Time in Mexico trilogy

ALSO, the iron man trilogy was one of the best ever.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't like The Matrix trilogy at all, so I would have to say that Spiderman, Star Wars, and The Lord Of The Rings trilogies are the ones that I would recommend others to watch. I haven't watched the whole Batman trilogy yet, only the first movie, but I'm sure I would like the other Batman movies.

7. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I liked the iron man trilogy as well as the matrix trilogy. I haven't seen the third movie yet, but I do like The Chronicles of Riddick. I think those movies are very good and I like the character Riddick. I can't wait to see the third one. I am sure I will like it just like the other two.

8. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Lord of the Rings is the most solid trilogy. I loved the Star Wars movies (episodes 4-6). The Nolan remake of Batman was the best Batman series to date. Although, not directly a trilogy, I would also recommend Clerks, Malrats, and Chasing Amy.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Wow, a lot of people really love LOTR. I'm not a fan of that type of fantasy, so I never really got it myself. As for Iron Man, I was more than a little disappointed with the third one. I think they could have really done a much better job with it than they ended up doing.

10. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whoa, I completely forgot about Spidey in this thead. I love the trilogy too which stars Tobey Maguire. Part 2 has a special place in my heart and it brings back the most nostalgia. I don't care about the new Spiderman. I think that it will never reach the same heights that the first Spiderman trilogy has received. As for Star Wars? I never was a fan in the first place so I don't really like its trilogy.

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    It's hard to find good movie series nowadays because it either gets boring or worst in the third installment. I would say Iron Man and Terminators are the best movie series I have ever watched. I really like the Terminator movie series, which is one of my favorite movies. I can't wait to watch the sixth installment of the Terminators movie.

12. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I don't agree that Spiderman was a good trilogy. I didn't like any of the movies. Toby McGuire just didn't capture the full persona of peter parker. I thought he was too dorky and the second ne was the worst one. The only one I will say was passable was the third one.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I didn't really like the Spiderman movie except probably the third installment of the Spiderman movie. I think it's my least favorite superhero movie besides Watchman.

14. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uh, I guess Lord of the Rings, since it was made back to back, so.. can't get more "perfect" than that, even though I don't exactly love the movie.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I honestly never absolutely loved any trilogies up until this moment.... I guess I would choose Lord of the Rings, but even that I wasn't crazy about. I find that trilogies will always disappoint me, cause the next movies are never as good as the first.

16. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that some movies don't do good with sequels and some do great with sequels. I think the Lord of the Rings was one of those that did great with sequels. I know that not many will agree with me, but that's just my opinion. Everyone has an opinion on everything.

17. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    The matrix was a good trilogy. I think that they lost the plot a bit on the last one. But they had our attention and they really kept us glued to their screens. I think that the storyline got out of hand towards the end and it lacked in creativity and they concentrated on the crazy editing rather than capturing the audience attention.

18. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    This isn't the best, but I think the Toy STory trilogy deserves more respect among trilogies. Children's movie or not, those 3 movies are all solid movies.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes! I completely agree. :) I think they were all really "full" movies, and I'm not even that much of a fan of 3D animated movies. The stories were all amazing, and the third one broke my heart but I loved it. The decision they made with how to end it was a great one, in my opinion.

20. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I will agree that Toy Story should get recognition as a good trilogy even though it's for kids. I like how they did all three movies and I think thry ended it well. I kinda wish it had not ended, but all good things must come to an end sometime.