PerkTV and Others? Apps That Make $

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Allison2021 • Jul 11, 2014.

1. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of PerkTV and Viggle.
    Are there any other apps that pay you to install on your smartphone?
    If you constantly keep it running PerkTV will give you about 1000 points in less than 3 days. Mine did run continuously but I turned it off after 2 hours.

I heard there is Swagbucks TV.

Are there any others?:rolleyes:

2. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I use Clashot. It's free and all you do is upload pictures you take. The more you upload the more people like them, the more money you get. Take some decent pictures too. I use an old phone to take pictures but it works out just fine. I mean they aren't high quality but they do the trick. I have sold like 7 pictures I think, and sometimes in my sleep.

I only have maybe 13 pictures I have uploaded all together. Anyways, it's cool check it out, it's a phone app.

Lionzfire.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My favorites are Viggle and ReceiptHog. ReceiptHog gives you points for your grocery receipts. It can be a slow earner depending on how often you shop but the receipts are going into the trash anyway, so might as well make a few bucks. I like it because its not exclusive to certain stores. At any store where groceries I sold, I can upload my receipts...even if I didn't buy groceries! Because it is a slow earner, I plan on saving the coins and cashing out before Christmas. I do not know how fast they pay but hopefully it is quick.

I downloaded the Swagbucks TV app but haven't done much with it because there are so many other ways to earn on that site. I've heard great things about PerkTV but haven't looked too much into it.

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    This is great information as I have just learned about apps to make money on my smartphone. I will try the ones you guys share here, and hopefully will earn some money while experiment a new area.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Some apps I use that make me a decent amount of cash are: Field Agent, Rewardable, Mobiee, and Gig Walk. There are others as well but those have made me the most amount of money.

6. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the information, because I never heard of Rewardable or Mobiee. Rewardable seem like a fun app to use when shopping. I have heard of Gigwalk and Field Agent, however, I was not successful with assignments being offered in the area I reside.

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Swagbucks (I still do occasionally but I never stick with it) but it's really not worth the payout, to be honest. You have to do SO much and leave your phone running on the SwagbucksTV thing for so long just to get some points, and even then if you leave your phone running for so long your battery life shortens (which, in my opinion, isn't worth it).

I stick mostly with RecieptHog now because I go shop a lot (for groceries, stuff my husband and I need, etc) and I always keep the receipts no matter what. So I figured it's a good, passive way to earn some income.

Other than that though I haven't really found anything that's worth the time and effort, sadly.

8. juulicob

juulicobNew Member

Threads:
    The only app I have had continuous success with is AppTrailers. I find it's easiest to use while watching tv or just laying down, getting ready for bed. You just watch the app/movie/music/game trailers and you'll receive points instantly. Usually it's about 3-5 points per viewing. You can also upload videos to receive extra points if users "like" it. You must add up to 500 (50 cents) until you can cash out. I use PayPal but there are also various rewards you can choose from. Considering the trailers are about 30 seconds each, at the lowest 3 points each view, it may take maybe a few hours to reach $1. Either way, it's something mindless to do if you're just hanging out at home!

9. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    Currently, I'm doing a "test-drive" of Fronto, an app that earns redeemable points whenever you unlock your phone, and Swagbucks, which, as noted above, gives you the chance to earn points for watching their channels, filling out surveys, and searching the web.

Fronto isn't impressing me, yet. More than half of the point opportunities offered are for downloading apps, which isn't quite inline with the app's explanation and agreement, but that's just an initial impression.

Swagbucks, I'm withholding my opinion on for a few days while I see how long it takes to accumulate points. At the moment, I'm keeping it running in the back ground as I do research and dabble with blogging - so it hasn't been obtrusive, yet. Just a click every once in a while as I'm doing something else. We'll see.

10. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Swagbucks recently changes they way it works and I really don't like it.
    You used to be able to make a few bucks a day with the apps that watch clips but now I can't load up my favs and just let them play while I work. I used to love being able to do that I would watch a few hours of content while I worked plus I made a few bucks!

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think the swagbucks apps are totally worth it if you have an old phone to use to run them. Perk on the other hand isn't really worth it anymore.

I also do mpoints, which is probably my biggest earner.

12. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    What's mpoints like? I have never heard of it.
    What exactly do you have to do to get them and how much are you making?

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When they changed the way that they worked a while back, I had to stop participating on Swagbucks too. They'd made it to where the chances of earning a decent amount of points daily were slim to impossible. I may have continued to use them, but that more or less forced me to stop wasting my time on their website.

14. jackhaal

jackhaalNew Member

Threads:
    I know that those apps, but I haven't used them in quite a few months. Are they still profitable? I know that they were passive, so they were really helpful in earning a couple of bucks. However, a lot of people I've been saying that they have changed. They still the same as before? I'd love to know.

15. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    While I didn't start with Swagbooks until after the change and don't have anything to compare it to, but haven't found it obtrusive. Using the popout option to have it running in the side lines and sliding over to click the button every three or four minutes when a video stops, to earn 4 points every ten to twenty minutes, hasn't seemed that taxing, as say filling out surveys for about the same amount.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes trying to get a survey to complete on Swagbucks can take a few trys. A few points here and there do add up to help out when you need a few extra dollars. I run the videos on my cell phone mostly.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having to chase them up for your points can get really annoying though. Some of these survey companies love to farm users too, making them fill the survey in up to ten to fifteen minutes only to screen users out of the survey without them having received any points. And then when you do complete some surveys, you don't get your points and have to file a complaint. The print screen button is your best friend with websites like Swagbucks.

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Love all these suggestions, many of them I hadn't heard of before!
    I use shopkick and receipthog. Perktv sometimes as well.
    I also use instaGCs mobile app for watching videos.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've used Whaff in the past and cashed out about 4 times with them over the past several months. There are a bunch of other copycat apps/services out there doing the same thing as Whaff though too, and you can't necessarily earn from all of them at once because they all contain the same offers/promotions, so if you completed it with one company you can't redo the offer with another company.

Whaff used to pay a lot more per install of an app, but they've cut down their payments quite a bit these days and made it more of a hassle to earn what little they do pay. Some instances you have to install a game and play it to like level 3 for example, before earning like 10 cents. They used to pay out as high as 50-75 cents to just install an app in the past, and it was much easier to hit their minimum threshold of $10 to cash out. But once you are able to cash out, they are pretty good on paying you within a day or two.

I was also a little suspicious if they penalize users for installing and then immediately uninstalling stuff too quickly, and perhaps progressively lower how much they are offering to pay those users for installing apps in the future. In other words, maybe you get bucketed into some "low quality" audience for advertisers. If any of you are new to signing up for Whaff I would be curious to know if they are offering you 50cents or more to install the sponsored apps, or if they are only offering you like 5-10 cents now like they are with me.

20. Crystal Sweet

Crystal SweetNew Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you on most of them not being worth the effort!