Permanent hair removal

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by illusen • Mar 31, 2013.

1. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    I've been struggling with my very hairy self for quite some time now. I've tried shaving with a razor, with special creams, all sorts of waxing...

Recently a friend of mine told me that she had all her private parts hair removed in a few sessions at a clinic. She said it cost her a lot but the hair won't grow back if does the treatment again with 12 months or so.

From what I've read online, procedures for permanent hair removal have their effectiveness reduced depending on the person's hair color and skin color, so that makes me a bit reluctant to pay a large amount of money for something that might not work. Also, I've read quite a few horror stories about what can happen when the doctor/technician that is performing the procedure isn't paying attention.

My questions to you are:
    1. Have any of you guys and girls tried permanent hair removal?
    2. If so, what type of procedure did you use?
    3. How would you describe your experience?
    4. Was it worth your money?

2. Parattiver

ParattiverNew Member

Threads:
    Laser ones seem the best choice to me. Not tried myself though.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I want to do the laser hair removal but at the moment, it's too expensive for me. It's effective considering celebrities use it to get rid of their unwanted hair. I wish I got that much money too coz I want my armpit hairs to be totally gone! ;)

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I can relate to the problems with unwanted hair. I have had an issue on my chin for years where I have to constantly shave it in order to keep the small hair from growing back. I have heard about permanent hair removal procedures. But these are costly and I can't afford such a process right now. If I could afford it I might consider laser more so then something else. From what I have heard this is one of the less painful procedures for permanent hair removal. I wouldn't under any circumstances go with hot wax treatments those sound very painful.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could afford something like that. I feel like in the long run it would save both time and money. Unfortunatley, it's a pretty big upfront investment.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could do it! Especially on my face. (Dying of embarassment there!)

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm guessing it's a laser treatment and that can be really expensive. I haven't tried that because I was told that it could cause some permanent scars if not correctly done. I'm afraid to risk it so I'm sticking to what I have been doing for the past years. You can never be too careful on these things.

8. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    Try Lightsheer Duet..........its the best method so far.........more advanced and less painful than laser hair removal.........infact people say they hardly feel anything........check this video