Personal Trainers: Because they say so?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    There are many high quality personal trainers out there but there are equally as many that are not so good. The problem here is that anyone can claim to be a personal trainer. There is a course that some will take to become personal trainers but most are trainers because that is what they call themselves.

There is no standard for advice either. The training you are subjected to will be the preference of the trainer and not necessarily what is best suited to your objectives. Bad advice and dangerous practices can result.

When looking for a personal trainer it is important to look deeper than just the build of the trainer. In your region, is there a standard for trainers? Do the trainers have to learn how to train for different client objectives?

2. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Personally. I would never hire a personal trainer.

You can get advice, and instructions online for free. You were always going to have to do all of the physical work your self. So, what is the difference? There are tons of qualified physicians, and trainers that offer free advice online. Why pay for something you can get for free.

Unless you are looking for a personal motivator. Someone to yell at you, barking out instructions. Then i could understand. There are to many free, and easier alternatives out there for me to pay for a personal trainer.

3. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    Yes, most of the trainers in my areas have to be trained to a certain standard, or else they're not able to be hired by the gyms in town. You can obviously go independant, but then you run the risk of them not being as good. And if you're already paying for the gym, they include the training for free if you ask.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I do not agree with that.

All the personal trainer is going to do is put you on a diet, and a workout regimen. Like AB9100 said. You can go online, and find that for free. There are countless professional sites offering those things at no charge. In my opinion. A personal trainer is only good if you need a ton of motivation.

If not a personal trainer is not needed. At least not for me.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    A personal trainer is there to push you as much as they are there to give you exercise training. I know for me, my workouts are much better when I'm with a buddy. Why? Because we try and outwork each and leads to a much stronger workout.

Some people need that extra motivation to get healthy. If that comes in the form of another person keeping on you on track then all the better for that person.