Pet birthdays!

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Sep 4, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Do you celebrate the birthdays of your pets? I do. Every year, I make cakes for my cats. I have three, so I celebrate thrice a year. It's actually fun even if my brother thinks that it's weird. I don't feed my cats the cake though. I just buy them extra special treats or boil fish for them. I make sure that the food that they eat on their birthday is different from the cat food they eat every day.

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I think its cute that you celebrates your pets birthdays. Question: how do you actually know their birthdays though? Did you get them from a breeder? My vet guesstiamted my pets birthdays and I guess I could use those dates to celebrate their birthdays but am not into doing that, but if that's your thing go for it.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only know the birthday of 2 of our already deceased cats, because I remember the day that they were born, it was Feb. 14, 2002. But my current cat was only given to me when he was 8 months old, so I only estimate that he was born in November. I would love to celebrate his birthday, although I only sort of talk to him that he's gonna be a year older in November since I don't know the date he was born. :)

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I celebrate my cat's birthday every year! I know it's nerdy but I like it :) It's easy to remember because it's ten days before mine. I got it on her adoption papers. I buy her new toys and treats and some special new foods. I don't think she knows or cares what's going on but it's fun for me to treat her. She's very much a part of my family.

5. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    I love my dog and he is part of my family. But he is not getting a birthday party. He's a dog and nothing more.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even know when my pet puppy was born. Even if I knew his birthday, I doubt I'd fork out cash to give him fancy treats. He gets the best treatment a puppy can ever get everyday — plays outdoors all day long among other things. I don't think there's anything more I could do to make his birth day [if I knew on what day he was whelped] special.