Pet Clothes! Yes, I'm That Kind of Pet Owner!

Discussion in Pets started by MakeshiftMiloh • Oct 31, 2013.

1. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    So, call me impartial, but my cat is just the cutest darn kitty on this planet. And the only way make him even cuter, I've found, is through tormenting him by dressing him up in adorable clothes (and then taking visual proof of the evil deed via photographs). Now, I've found it somewhat difficult to actually stumble upon much clothing intended for cats, so I've caught myself occasionally purchasing the odd baby shirt to put on him.

Do you dress your pets? Have you found an online retailer who specifically designs pet clothes, or are you like me, shamefully buying baby clothes instead?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to torment my animals the same way when I was young, but I wouldn't now. I know how much they detest it and I'd hate to make them do something they have no control over when they just want it to stop. I MIGHT consider those bootie things for my dog, for wet, muddy days.. but so far I just can't bring myself to bother her with pet clothes. Especially for my cats.. they would hate clothes even more.

3. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    Happily, I'm fortunate enough to have a very mellow cat who really doesn't mind the added fuss. He's never shown any dislike for clothing and even seems to accept it as some form of attention. ;) I really wouldn't do it if the animal seemed uncomfortable or irritated (I'm not that bad).

Dog booties are adorable, but I do understand that most dogs lose their little minds the first time they use them, and it can take about a week for them to grow accustomed to the feeling. I have a neighbor who utilizes doggy boots for her little guy because of a medical condition he suffers with that involves his paw pads. At first, he was very displeased with the booties, but now he associates then with walkies, and can't wait to put them on!

4. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't dress my dogs but I've heard that when it's cold they need jackets just like us so I'm looking into getting one for them lol

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't really tried dressing up any of my pets, but I saw on Animal Planet this pet clothes designer for cats, and the clothes were featured on the show, "Must Love Cats". You might wanna look for that show on YouTube.