Pet food

Discussion in Pets started by xcmiller93x • May 10, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Do you buy pet food at a grocery store like Kroger or Walmart? or do you buy it at a pet store like Petco or PetSmart?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have a regional store that has a pretty good senior dog food that I will get there. It is a lot less expensive than the other store's senior dog foods and my old basset hound loves it. He can be a picky eater so I don't dare try to change it now. I think he is more stubborn than I am sometimes!

3. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    When I had pets they got fed from the grocery store or discount stores.

On a related note, I was reading the ingredients on a couple of the premium pet food brands recently, and they had the exact same ingredients as the cheap stuff, in nearly the same order. I think the premium brands downgraded their ingredients when they started selling them in regular stores rather than at the vet's office.

4. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I either get it from the pet store like Petco or from the local feed mill. Either one of these places are great for me and Petco price matches which makes it even better.

5. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I used to buy pet food at Petsmart since they had the bigger bags. When I moved into my own apartment and only had one cat, I started to purchase food at Kroger because it was cheaper than the pet stores. Now, I get pet food at the veterinary office, because it's the only food my cat is allowed eating (treats as well).

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Neither. I make my own.

When I was buying the dog food before or cat food, I would generally buy it at Walmart or the TS here. I never bought it at PetCo, etc, because they're always so expensive.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy our pet food at the supermarket or in the pet shops near our place. But sometimes, we also feed our pets table food too, and they love it more than the dog/cat food that we feed them.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my dog food at the grocery store when I am doing the rest of the grocery shopping. I'm not ashamed to admit that I do tend to go for the cheapest type of dog food. After all my household is on a budget and we can't really afford to give our dogs any special type of dog food unless its recommended by a vet. However, for the most part our dogs are healthy and don't need to be placed on a special diet.

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I use a combination of home made food and store bought food.. Since most of the food I give my dog is homemade I buy packaged food at the pet store when I am shopping for other things for my pet.