Pet food

Discussion in Pets started by GavinMcresty • Apr 30, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Do you buy pet food from a shop? If you do, what brands do you buy? Do you think they are worth it or too expensive? We used to basically give our pets the same food we ate albeit in different proportions and quantities. We found that it worked out cheaper this way and it was also better for their health. The commerically sold pet foods, we found out, are filled with toxic garbage because there are no laws regarding pet food safety. As a result, the companies just put whatever they feel like into them. This includes meat, which cannot legally be given to humans, for example.

2. dagz16

dagz16New Member

Threads:
    I buy Natures Choice, which is supposed to be all natural with no corn fillers. It's a little more expensive than, because it's supposed to be better for them then the other big brands which are more processed. We also give our dogs food that we eat, which I agree in moderation is probably better for them than most of the dog brands out there.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy real nature cat food but my husband gets our dog food in bulk because its cheaper. I have in the past given my pets our food, but I am diabetic now, so I find its just to difficult. I eat a certain diet so I can't really give them what we eat.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    My dog eats complete dry food and we buy a massive bag of it from Amazon twice a year at £20 a bag. It saves us so much money because before we were buying two boxes a week from the local shop at £3.99 a box. :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy Whiskas cat food for my cat, but when he developed stones and he can't pee due to that harmful cat food, I never bought any type or brand of cat food again. I now just feed him table food/leftovers.

6. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:
    For my Rough Collie puppy, we buy Nature's Domain by Costco's Kirkland brand. It's about $20 for 30lbs. According to the bag, it's grain free and the list of ingredients seems very promising and healthy. For our two cats we also by a Kirkland brand called Super Premium Maintenance Cat. I have used it for many years with our cats and they seem to like it and are in good health. It runs about $15 for 25 lbs.