Pet Pictures?

Discussion in Pets started by Mayvin • Oct 5, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever taken your pet to a professional photographer for pictures? I have never done this, but if I did it would have done it when they were younger and a bit more controllable lol. And puppy pictures are usually cuter. But I think it would be a cute idea to take professional photos and hang around The House.

#1Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I sure haven't. While I have had plenty of pets over the years, I have never had that sort of connection or desire to have professional pictures taken of/with them. I just wouldn't even think about doing it, ha.

3. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a photographer. I take pictures of my cats with my pro camera but I haven't tried to do a mini studio setup. I know they wouldn't cooperate. I tend to get them when they are distracted or comfortable on their own surroundings, and try to compose a decent shot like that. For me those pics are more casual and if I see a nice moment I don't stress too much about it not being technically perfect. I imagine with dogs it would be much easier to get them to pose for studio shots or take them to a nice beach or park for an outdoor shoot. Cats aren't the best models.

If you do want that make sure its a pet photographer with experience. It's not easy dealing with pets. I had to do a studio doggie photo shoot once in collage and it was challenging because at first the dog was shy, then she wanted to move everywhere and would move away from the camera and light. Pet photography isn't something that any generic photographer can do well.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had my pets professionally photographed. I'm not sure if I would pay to have it done. They would be fun to hang up around the house, I guess. I do take a lot of photos of them with my digital camera and phone, so I have those at least.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't taken them to a photographer to be photographed, and I think that taking digital pictures of them would suffice already, as long as the shot is clear and the pose or facial expression is cute, then I'm already satisfied with that.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never done such a thing but I think the idea is really cool. I love the idea of dressing up my pets and taking their professional photos. I believe that the photos will be adorable and worth spending for. They could also add up to our life time memories.

7. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I don't think I would pay for professional pictures to be done of my pet or with me and my pet only because I love photography and believe I could do a fine job myself. I have done pictures of my children in the past using props from around the house and they turned out fabulous. Being so, I figure I could do the same with my pet. Not only would I save money but I would also be able to take as many as I would like, at my (or should I say my pets) pace, and I could print any/all pictures I wanted to without having to choose in order to stay within a budget or the photographers bundle. Now that I have read through this and am finishing up this response, I have the urge to take some pictures :)

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. It would be a great thing to do only if my cats are well-behaved. Sadly, they like running or moving around. I will just waste my money trying to get their pictures taken by a professional. :p

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't and I don't have much of a desire to. To each their own but it's just not my kind of thing, I think it's silly. I like unprofessional pictures of animals, they always seem so much more natural.