Pet-sitting swaps

Discussion in Pets started by Denis Hard • Apr 4, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Who takes care of your part when you travel far from home? Do you pay them for their services? Quite obviously you have to unless your way of saving that cash is asking your neighbor to help you out.

Pet-sitting swaps however don't rely on neighbor's goodwill.

"Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" is the motto they work by. When going abroad or traveling locally, you find someone to take care of your pet for you so you can do the same for them some other time.

Visit

and see how this stuff works.

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Just be sure to NOT use the person that said they would put theirs in the freezer to put to sleep. :)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The right thing to do IMO is to entrust your pet to a neighbor you know won't mistreat your pet or molest it since such things are getting to be more common these days:

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I guess my family is very lucky because we are a big family, I have a lot of sibling and we also have a lot of pet :D We are not always traveling together so that means there is always someone staying at home and looking after them.

But if we ever leave all to certain places for few days then our neighbour is always happy to help go and feed them. We do the same thing for them too when they need a help to look after their pet.

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    A petsitting swap sounds like a good idea which I really could have used a while back when I went on vacation because it can be really expensive paying a pet sitter. It was 240 bucks for 5 days for a sitter to take care of my two dogs. Mind you, she was really good at what she did bathing them, doing some training with them but it's really ridiculous the price to pay to board or have someone pet sit your dog.

#5Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  6. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    The swap sounds like a good idea, it does sound like your taking a chance though. I myself am starting a pet sitting service, and it will take a while to build a reputation, but it could turn out to be a lucrative business, I hope!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily, when we travel it's always just overnight, so we don't need to have our pet looked after by other people. But if ever we have to travel longer than a day, then I guess we're lucky that we know a couple of neighbors who love pets too and are willing to look after them for us. After all, we did the same for them while they were away.