Pet Turtles

Discussion in Pets started by Esperahol • Jun 27, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I need a small, easy to care for turtle for a good price. Any ideas? Also is there a particular type you would reccomend? I'm buying this for a little boy as a pet.

2. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Turtles are easy to take care of from what I remember. The hardest part is they can bite at times, but you should also make sure you teach them how to properly handle them to avoid the infections which can come from turtles.

3. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I found a great website with a huge variety of turtles.

I would like to have a pet turtle but want on that stays very small around the size of a quarter or just slightly larger and I have not been able to find one they all get really big and large turtles smell and you have to change the water often.

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Headed Red Ear Slider Turtle lol I don't know whether its a freak or its really the normal. I use to have these turtle but I gave it away to my niece because she liked it. I don't know what happen to the turtle after it but she said she toss it to a nearby river.

These turtle are easy to take care as pet but you gotta clean their aquarium because they are messy with their pellets and in about a day they're already smelly.

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I remember that I once caught a turtle in a seawall here in our country when I was still little. Me and my uncles took it home and I put it on a plastic container. Sadly my mother found out and asked me to return it to the sea. I really wanted to keep it but I guess its for the better. I wonder what happened to the turtle though?

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I know, and I am making sure that everything stays clean. Saves on salmonella poisoning and the like. But yeah I'm going to make sure everything is cool and thanks for the concern Wayne.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking about getting a pet for me. I had been thinking about getting a turtle. Then I saw a tv show where one of the main characters had a turtle. This one was huge (really huge). Now, this thread pops up. Definitely getting a turtle for Christmas.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to own a turtle before, but he died after a year because he escaped from the aquarium by climbing the rocks. Anyway, I would have to agree that the aquarium or container needs to be cleaned daily, because it stinks pretty quickly because of the pellets and the turtle's poo all getting mixed up in there. Aside from that, taking care of a turtle is pretty low maintenance.