Philippine Delicacy: "adobo" With A Twist!

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Lovely Babe • Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lovely Babe

Lovely BabeNew Member

Threads:
    Who are Filipinos here? I'm sure you really love the taste of our very own Adobo dish! We all love Adobo!
    I personally tried different ways of cooking Adobo and how it taste. There's sweet, classic and there are also region-based which is made differently by different regions in the Philippines according to their specialty.
    Just yesterday, my friend visited me and bought me an Adobo. And because I really love Adobo, I tasted it immediately. Surprisingly, it has a moderate taste of spicy as a twist on it! I don't know about you, but it's really my firs time to taste a spicy Adobo and until today I can't forget it's super mouth-watering taste. I just can't move on to the point of sharing this to you here. LOL!
    Does anyone here have also experienced the same or different twist of cooking Adobo? Or knows a place where there's another unique taste of Adobo?

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We sometimes cook hot adobo which includes 4 whole red pepper. It gives a tangy flavor to the meat that prods us to get more rice. But the secret of our adobo is in the frying. After stewing in soy sauce and vinegar, the pork and chicken parts are friend, if possible the pork belly should be crispy. In frying, the red pepper are included together with the crushed garlic. You can smell the aroma of the garlic as it mixes with the meat. More rice, please.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad used to cook adobo and he places one large green chilli pepper in it for that slightly spicy taste. I don't like spicy foods in general, but a little spicy taste I can tolerate. I prefer the sweet version of adobo, though.