Phone Lines That Dont Work For Internet

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by tasha • May 5, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    we have a phone line that also has an adsl line attached to it but the speed is at 2 which means that it is okay to check emails but if you want to do anything else than it doesn't work, especially when there are kids on the line too! the phone company said that we can upgrade to 4 which will make a slight difference but it costs double. does anyone know of a way to get faster internet at cheaper rates?

2. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    Hello tasha,

Do you mean that your Internet speed is at 2 Mbps and that you'd like to upgrade to 4 Mbps?

If so then go ahead since you'll get more bandwidth but since it costs double you may want to check up on other Internet Service Providers in your area. We don't know where you live so we cannot recommend you a better provider with cheaper rates.

3. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    yes that is what I mean, I live in south Africa and the internet is a little backward here not like the other countries with so many options. I am going to upgrade to 4 but there are only 3 service providers here and one of them really has no idea about data and unlimited adsl.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The best option is to upgrade but look for offers which you will be able to access an upgrade at cheaper rates. So you have to be on the lookout for trade fairs and exhibitions involving mobile phone and data companies to increase your chances of accessing good offers. These usually happen during the holidays when there are such offers in progress. I also suggest that you also take advantage of Wi-Fi facilities if your area is covered.

5. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Please enquire for an optic fiber network in your area. It offers better bandwidth, data limit over DSL phone line. However, if all the 3 providers in your area are only DSL internet, then you've to wait. Also, enquire for a Wireless network, bandwidth offered, and costs. Your mobile service provider too can offer internet connectivity at 3G or 4G speeds.