Phone Upgrade

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by difrancprod • May 15, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    How often do you change your phone especially if you're an iPhone user? Did you immediately buy the iPhone 5 soon as it came out? Do you think it's really practical to upgrade phones?

2. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    I'm a sucker when it comes to cell phones. I try to hold off as long as possible, but I usually change cell phones as soon as they come out. I'm personally a big fan of blackberry so I was lucky that they hadn't released a new model until recently.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. I wasn't really excited with the iphone 5. I never really was a fan of Apple phones. But when the Galaxy Note 2 came out, that's the device that I purchased immediately. I wanted to get the original Samsung Galaxy Note but I had no money back then so I was definitely excited with the Note 2. My original phone was the Galaxy Y so the upgrade to the Note 2 was several notches up.

Going back to your question, if you have an iPhone 4s, I think there's no need to upgrade to 5 just yet. But if you have maybe an iPhone 3, then the upgrade is justifiable.

4. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to hold off for quite a while. I don't bother if there's just a minor increase in ability.

I have an iPhone 4. I only bought that because my Galaxy Ace wouldn't work in the new country I was moving too. I didn't bother upgrading when the iPhone 4 S or the iPhone 5 came out and I still don't feel the need to.

5. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    I used to change phone every year because I am a rough user. But recently I don't seem to use my phone alot. Like I have no one to text or call and no one text or calls me. So I mainly use my phone to play games when I'm on the bus or surf the web when I cam leech a free wifi. This way I think I'm more likely to get an iPod touch than a phone if I were to change it. However I don't really follow the trend so hardcore like getting in line hours before the store open to get the new iphone or whatnot.

6. kdlt

kdltNew Member

Threads:
    I use my phone roughly but as long as it's holding up, I just run them into the ground. I don't like all of the contracts that tend to come with buying a new phone. Sometimes I'll hold off until I get a discounted upgrade from my provider. It really depends on the condition of the current phone. I never buy any phone "as soon as it comes out" because I feel like there'll probably be bugs or fixes it needs and I just don't care about being part of the "popularity rush".

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only change my phone when it already starts to show some problems already, or if it already has a very dilapidated appearance, like a broken casing or keypad. I'm not really keen on upgrading my phone as soon as a new model comes out.

8. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there's a real reason to update iPhones so quickly. Many people want the latest apple products to show off to their friends, when all they're doing is wasting money. I don't see many favorable upgrades from the previous iPhone. They mostly change the screen size which is the only thing noticed by a lot of iPhone users.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually upgrade my phone every two years. Unless my existing phone is giving me a lot of trouble, I'm usually not in a hurry to upgrade since the phone will be outdated in a few months anyhow. I will usually wait until the next flagship model comes out.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I wasn't particularly excited about iPhone 5 as I didn't feel it wasn't a big step from the previous version such as the case with the jump from iPhone 3 to iPhone 4. I have been really impressed with Apple's progress with their gadgets, but I feel the 4S was at peak condition and I certainly didn't need or even want a larger phone just for a larger screen. I am thoroughly satisfied with my 4S and will hold out until they come up with some major upgrades.