Pickpocket

Discussion in Travel started by whnuien • Jun 20, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Pickpocket is very common here in my country and whether you are a traveler or a local, you have to be always careful and watch your pocket or bags.

Once I was picked pocket while I was in a shopping mall but luckily I didn't have my ID card or cash in my wallet. I had all my bank cards in though so I had to quickly report to the bank.

Have you ever been picked pocket and is this common in your country?

2. elizahoa

elizahoaNew Member

Threads:
    so where do you live now?

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have pickpockets here in my country because pickpockets are too tamed. Here we have snatch thieves and straight out robbers lol. Sounds like I'm joking but I'm not. I still love my country even if it's really bad sometimes so I'm not going name where I'm living in right now.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, oh yes we do have snatch thieves as well and most of them are using motorbikes. As much as I hate them, I think we need to be sensible too when we are out. We have to always be careful and look after ourselves because those thieves aim for women mostly.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nice places those are!

I live in a place where more than half the residents are seniors. It would be comical to see them trying their hand at picking pockets. Since most people around here don't hang around town for nothing, any pick pocket who stopped by in town would stay hungry for quite some time. And I believe that could be the reason we either don't have them or the few that do exist have managed to tame their kleptomaniac tendencies.

6. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    This has happened to me a number of times, sadly. I've had my wallet stolen around three times, each time having my credit cards, driver license and cash. I've lost a lot in my so-called pickpocket experiences which goes to show that I should be more careful.

This is a very common occurrence in airports. My family members have lost their passports in the airport due to pickpockets. That's something that becomes really serious and should be avoided under all costs.

7. elizahoa

elizahoaNew Member

Threads:
    yeah this is rather common in my country, unfortunately. however, it would not happen if we care much about this. For example, when going on the motor-bike, I never hang on may bag on the shoulder.

8. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Where is Inspector Zenigata when you need him?

1501068-zenigata6kk.

Anyway, I have been fortunate never to have been robbed outright. However, when I was little, certainly younger than ten years of age, and lost my cat purse, someone unscrupulous helped themselves to a finder's fee of everything (except the coins?) before turning it in. Really, whoever you were? Robbing from a little girl? That was low.

#8Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That would be comical to see a senior doing the pickpocketing but it would also make sense in a way for some seniors to be motivated to do it only because of alot of them being on fixed incomes. I heard of a story on the news where an elderly woman actually robbed this couple at gunpoint in a supermarket parking lot. You still have to be careful of seniors.

10. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We have plenty of pickpocketing gypsies around here so keeping the wallet safe, deep in the front pocket, is a wise choice when traveling via public transportation. It never happened to me but one of my friends had this 'luck' one time. The lost money is one problem, but replacing the ID and other sensitive papers is a time consuming pain. One full month it took for her to have new cards and papers, ouch!

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's quite common everywhere in the world. So it really pays to be very careful and pay very close attention to your things and anything that you = are bringing with your hands that could just be easily taken away from you by a pickpocket. Anywhere in the world there would always be delinquents, those that you shouldn't trust. So always be cautious when you are in a public place.