Pimples?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by eg0mez • Mar 5, 2014.

1. eg0mez

eg0mezMember

Threads:
    Help!!!
    I need to know the fastest way to get rid of pimples. So lately I have had a break out and I look horrible. I use some special type of soap to clean my face, but it made matters worse. :mad:
    Any tips?

2. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    What kind of soap/cleanser are you using? There is no magic way to get rid of pimples, unfortunately! The best way is to keep your skin clean and have a healthy diet. Use an acne cleanser and a moisturiser as well (if you dry your skin out with the cleanser and don't moisturise, your skin might get irritated and it'll make the problem worse!), and eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and eat lots of water. You could try doing a face mask once a week or so as an extra boost to your skin. If things persist and you are really annoyed about it, then go to a doctor or a dermatologist and they can prescribe you something for it.

I had bad acne all through my teenage years and no matter what I did (diet, exercise, cleansers, treatments, masks) nothing fixed it until I finally went to the dermatologist and went on medication for it. I went on Accutane, which is extremely strong, but it was the only thing that worked on my awful skin. It's been about five years now and I still have clear skin :)

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best way to act on pimples is taking car of what we eat: avoid fried food, chocolates, butter, olives, everything that has too much oil or grease. You can also try aloe vera on the skin, it's the best product I know for the skin, I just don't know if it's effective for pimples.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a teen and had acne, I used to buy the store version of Proactive. I'd get it at Walmart for relatively cheap. It worked for me, though I needed an additional moisturizer in the morning to keep my skin from drying out. Seabreeze astringent also works pretty well too, though it is a bit harsher and dries out your skin more. Really, eating healthy does help! I know it seems like such a minor step to take, but trust me!