Pinesol Great To Get Rid of Roaches

Discussion in Product Reviews started by sparkle73 • Sep 8, 2012.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is some other pest that hates the taste of pinesol. I think it is an effective solution. I believe pinesol is toxic to cats though so if you have cats use with caution. To save money you could also use the generic version of pinesol sold at the dollar stores. That would probably be a great solution as well.

2. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:

That is awesome! I am so glad I joined this, because I have recently encountered the same problem! I have tried everything and nothing works! So I am def going the dollar tree and getting me some pine sol cause I hate waking up at night or in the morning to find these little pest having a good ol time on my kitchen counters I have roaches with a passion! And am determined to get rid of every single one!

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We did not have any problems with cockroaches until just a little while ago. We were given a microwave, and it was apparently a nesting place for roaches, because they soon started invading the whole kitchen.
    After reading through this whole thread, we went straight away to the dollar store and bought the lemon pine sol, bleach, and I already had the white vinegar.
    I sprayed and cleaned counter tops with the bleach solution, and then mixed up the pine sol and vinegar and started spraying around under and behind cabinets.
    As soon as they smelled it, those bugs started running !
    They were a moving target, but once I sprayed them, they were goners.
    Since they mainly show themselves at night, before we go to bed, we will spray down the kitchen floor as well and that should get the ones that come out crawling around in the dark.
    We also put out some of those bait traps, and hopefully, between everything, we will soon be bug-free once again. At the least, they will know we have declared WAR on them ! !

4. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used Pinesol in years. I used to use it years ago to mop around the house and I found it had a very pleasant scent and did a good cleaning job too. I was not aware that it would keep away roaches, but this is a good tip. However, putting Bay leaf in the kitchen cupboards or in some corners of the house is also known to keep away roaches. We have tried this before and it works. I am not fond of using insect sprays so trying these other methods is a good way to keep roaches away

5. judyd1

judyd1New Member

Threads:
    It's not just Pine-sol and bleach. Haven't you ever seen a dead roach floating in dishwater? Yes, it seems like they can't help but fall victim when they......drown! It doesn't matter whether they drown in bleach, tea, PineSol or water. Drowning is drowning. Spray them with water and you can check it for yourself.

The point is, where there's left out food or edible debris, roaches will make themselves at home, the same as if you rolled out the red carpet for them. You absolutely must not leave a single crumb out for them or sweet drinks of any kind. For added measure, I always like to wipe the cabinets, stove and refrigerator down with vinegar or bleach water so that there's not even the smell of food lingering in the air.

6. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I used to own a pest control company when I lived in Indiana. Yes, Pine-sol or anything else filled with chemicals will kill roaches on contact. However, that's really only applicable for the roaches that you can see. Roaches love to hide! Cracks, crevices, baseboards, or anywhere really, particularly places that are warm, are all perfect places for the little buggers to hide. It is really best to apply roach bait underneath your cabinets and near the hinges. Roaches eat the bait and when they die, the poison stays in their system. As gross as it is, other roaches commonly feed off of other dead roaches, so they will die because the dead roach is now poisonous. Pine-sol is only a short-term solution I'm afraid if you are actually infested and not just seeing one or two roaches that have roamed to your domicile because a neighbor's house is overrun with them. Good luck!

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know of the potential of Pinesol to kill roaches and the accidental discovery is no doubt revolutionary. In our place, there is an aromatic smelling spray called Doom which has withstood the test of time to remain at the zenith of insect killers. But the cheapest method is to use an agricultural pesticide and fumigate your kitchen before cleaning thoroughly.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We lived in an old building that had a serious problem with roaches. I found ammonia works wonders for getting rid of the pest. I sprayed the areas were the pest hung out which sent them running. When sun went down the pest were so bad you could not open the front door with out letting them inside I started washing the front doorway with ammonia, we finally got rid of the pest at the front door. The whole building had to be tented to get rid of the serious problem

9. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    When I first apartment, I had a serious roach problem, I never invited people over because when I would go into the house after work or something, I would turn on the lights in the kitchen and they would run away back into the dark places.

It was disgusting, I tried all sorts of roach sprays through out the time I was there. When I got my second apartment, I decided to just buy some paste that I could cover up any holes in corners, at the bottom of cabinets, and in the cabinets, and the roaches were rarely around.

10. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    We used the lemon Pinesol and vinegar, and it did kill the roache; but then I read about ussing ammonia, and I got a half-gallon size container of that. I put some in the spray bottle, and before bedtime, when the litchen light have been off for a while; I go in, turn the lights on, and spray every place that I see any roaches running and hiding.
    We seem to have a lot less of them than we had when I started; sso I do think that this is getting them.
    I also sprinkled some diatomaceous earth down along the inside of the kitchn closet door, where I noticed that they were hiding out, and behind the refrigerator. This is not harmful to pets, and it will also kill any kind of bg that crawls through it, because it cuts them up and they dehydrate. It seems to be especially affective on the babies, and I have not seen any little ones crawling around lately.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks, this is interesting news.The good thing about using the Pine Sol is that it would be more user friendly, therfore, the user would be spared from the harshness of most of the aerosol sprays that is generally used to kill the roaches and it doubles as an effective cleaning agent. In this case, clean and eliminate!

12. Joel7050

Joel7050New Member

Threads:
    To get rid of them i usually place a whole bunch of chalk in holes, gaps and small spaces. those creatures hate chalk for some reason and it's worked pretty well so far. I hear salt or coffee grounds / tea leaves may work too, but I'm not very sure. I've stuck to chalk so far. No smell and extremely cheap.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the advise I had never tried this before since I try to use nothing with chemicals for my toddlers safety but i guess this is much safer than the spray poison, aerosol. I had roach problems before but because they would get in from under the doors but now I try to cover it up but if I were to get that problem again I will for sure fo for the pinesol.

14. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    It helped me with my lizard problems. It doesn't kill the lizards but the lizards gets out of my house because they dont have prey anymore.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Cockroaches are too plenty in our home. Late at night, they go out in group. They are too scary. My wife and I are ready for the swatter or anything we might grab instantly to kill those pests. We notice that they have a particular period for coming out from their safe places. It is because they are already many. They usually stay in dark places, in cracks or cleavage part of the house.

I have to admit that we haven't tried anything to get rid of them. We just clean our house, arrange set of furniture and leave nothing for them to stay. And at least, they never abound in your house. Anyway, for a try, since Pine Sol is a cleaner, I would be using it in case those pests would strike again.

16. Thomas2014

Thomas2014New Member

Threads:

We found out by accident as well as me and my spouse was discussing how Pine-Sol kills fleas and that is what we always did when I was a kid my parents gave our pets baths in Pine-Sol and it immediately killed them so we had a roach problem which we had gotten from a house we was renting and one night recently we were discussing it I wondered if Pine-Sol would kill roaches as well so we mixed half water and half Pine-Sol in a spray bottle started spraying you spray and after a few seconds they start to slow down not running so fast then they fall over dead. It really does work so went to Dollar Tree bought 3 bottles of Lemon Pine-Sol and 2 bottles regular to see which was most effective and they both work well but, what I did was mix the lemon scented Pine-Sol with the regular Pine-Sol and half water into a sprayer and started spraying around the house and I also mopped the floors. The sprayer works well because you can put more in it and with the wand you can get small areas like cracks, etc where roaches like to hide in walls

17. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    It seems like several kinds of cheap cleaners will kill roaches; but since they mainly come out at night when people are sleeping, it is hard to eliminate them completely. We make sure that all of the food is put away, dog food dishes and water dishes are emptied, and counters are wiped down each night; so there is nothing for them to eat or drink.
    Most of them seem to hide in the kitchen closet, so in the day when they are asleep is when I take the spray bottle and go after them inside the closet.
    I have used bleach solution, pine sol, and ammonia, and all of them seem to kill the bugs, plus they hate the smell of both the pine sol and the ammonia.
    I also put down some of those glue traps in the area behind the refrigerator where they always seem to run and hide, and the traps work good, too.

18. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I must say thanks for the Pinesol tip. I would prefer to use the Pinesol instead of the bleach because the bleach might prove to be unfriendly to certain surfaces. I do believe that it might take a number of spraying activities over a period of time to get rid of pests because it seems that there may be unhatched eggs which would gradually produce new roaches.