Pitcher Instead Of A Cup

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheKnight • Dec 4, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I find that making a big 3.5-liter pitcher of lemonade is a lot cheaper than making individual cups of lemonade for the family. Not only is it cheaper but it's better if the family can serve themselves lemonade whenever they want. I also think we consume a lot less sugar when drinking from a pitcher because most of the sugar stays at the bottom and I, of course, use less sugar for the pitcher than a cup compared to the sizes.

Do any of you do this to?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the pitcher. We have lemons and lime trees around the house and once in a while we make lemonade during summer. A pitcher saves a lot of time especially when there are several persons who would drink instead of mixing lemonade in a glass or a cup. We also do that with hot chocolate in the morning. Instead of mixing per glass, we mix in a pitcher for everyone to drink. However, the risk is the leftover when the volume of mixture is miscalculated.

3. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    Contrarily, I have different opinion. If you prepare drinks or food in large volume, you tend to consume more. If you consume more, you are spending more. If I make a glass of lemonade, I will only drink a glass, whereas if I make lemonade on a pitcher, I will be consuming more than one lass.

4. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The thing is that the pitcher lasts between 3 to 5 days and we tend to drink lemonade every day so in my case, we don't spend more on the pitcher. We would use three times the amount of lemons in that time period than we would on the pitcher. We drink water when we're thirsty and drink lemonade when we eat. I understand what you're trying to say, though. It varies.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I donot store any juices as I prefer using them fresh. Since this is a healthy thing to consume it doesn't really matter whether the family drink in a quantity of pitcher or a cup. Ultimately it should be to the satisfaction of everyone.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    The sugar quantity and the price do matter to me. Lemonade can be good for you but some people add way too much sugar for a cup. Making a pitcher full usually gives you control over how much sugar your family consumes. Sometimes when making a cup, they would add more sugar if it's too sour while I found out that with a pitcher, they're somehow too lazy to add more sugar to it. I think they add more sugar during the process of making it than when already made.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also use a pitcher to make lemonade I feel like it's more convinient with saving time and money. A pitcher can last 2-3 days depending on how much we drink that means you safe yourself time by not having to make a glass or 2 a day every day. It saves money as you mentioned because less sugar is added to the pitcher compared to what it us used in many glasses of lemonade.

8. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    If you make a few cups then everyone will only drink a few cups. If you fill up a pitcher then it will disappear very quickly. After drinking a cup they could always make themselves another one, however sometimes they won't because they want to avoid the hassle.

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    That isn't an issue for us here. I don't think most people would want to drink more than 2 cups of lemonade per meal and even if they only drink one when making just one cup, there is still less content in 2 cups filled with a pitcher than with a single prepared cup. I've seen people add too many scoops of sugar or lemon drops to one cup. It's scary. Pitcher still comes out on top for us.

10. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I do this thing but not with lemonade. I make a pitcher of cold coffee since me and my wife love drinking coffee any time of the day. After a glass or two we would store the remaining coffee in the fridge so we still have some for later.