Pixie cut

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Nov 20, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Did you ever get a pixie cut back when everyone had it? I wanted to get one before, but my hair is really curly. I thought that it would look weird if I cut it too short. How about you? If you haven't cut your hair that short ever, do you plan on doing it?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sported pixie cut back when I was in elementary and far too young to care about what the world thinks of me or how fashion is defined. I did have my second stint at short hair in 2011 when I had my hair cut in a short shaggy style. It wasn't pixie by any means but still short enough to make me look like a tomboy. I too have natural curly hair, so I instructed the people at the salon to straighten it after the cut. It looked well for a time until my curly hair started growing again.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I've ever had my hair that short was in Elementary school as well, when I wasn't really all that interested in it one way or the other and didn't really care. I would love a pixie cut if I thought it would look right on me, but I'm not sure I could rock it like some people do :(.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like pixie cuts. I used to wear one years and years ago. I really liked it. A lot of guys used to ask me if I was a lesbian. lol!!!!!!

I gained weight since then and haven't been brave enough to rock a pixie cut. It takes confidence to pull off this type of hairstyle.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never do it. In fact I would probably cry if I lost a lot of my hair. I find myself to be unattractive anyway but would look worse if I had short hair. I had tried getting my hair cut just above my shoulders once which was my shortest and I ended up hating it. Worse yet, I still had people wondering if I was 14 or 16 so it did nothing for me.

6. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Pixie cut is one of those hairstyles that only work for some people and not everyone. All the people I've seen with pixie cuts have an oval-shaped face with a sharp-ish chin, which makes their pixie cut looks good. If you have a face like mine (round and plump), it will look TERRIBLE.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think pixie cut is really cute and a lot of people enjoy using it. I think it also looks good with some bold streaks. I would love to get one soon done to my self. I think it can be really great if I straighten my hair and then do the cut with lots of variation.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah no, I don't think it would suit me and my facial shape. Although some girls like Audrey Hepburn and Miley Cyrus can pull it off though.

9. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, pixie cut is not for everyone. However, it has to do with the kind of pixie cut also. I've seen some that look cute with one style of pixie cut and awful with another. It also has to do with size too. A large women with a pixie cut would not look right (I should know, I am a large woman and I tried it out once), but a small woman could sport it as long as the style is correct for their particular face shape.

10. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I really like this cut on other people - but I don't think it would look very good on me. I have a very round face - and I think with my hair that short it would make my face and forehead look larger.

11. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    My mom used to cut my hair short as a child and I hated it. She cut it that way to reduce the massive amounts of tangles I would always get mangled on my head. For a long time I kept my hair long when I was old enough to have my say about it. Recently I had the back cut in a pixie cut, but kept the front long. I enjoy the look and enjoy the control over my hair and the way I like it. If you don't want to risk having a bad hair style, cut it little by little and see how you like it as it becomes shorter rather than cutting a large chunk off.