Pizz Hut or Domino's?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MizzDeeDee • Oct 24, 2013.

1. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Which pizza place do you think is better, Pizza Hut or Domino's? A few years ago, I would have said Pizza Hut, hands down. In the last few years, Domino's has really stepped up their game! They have a pan pizza that's to die for, and I love their BBQ wings. I had a problem once with one of their employees and the manager gave me a huge amount of free coupons for the inconvenience. They were so dedicated with making it right. I was very impressed with Domino's after that.

It just seems to me that Pizza Hut doesn't seem to care anymore. I see them trying to offer the same deals as Domino's, but it seems like they lost their spark. Seems that everything is just thrown together. It's a shame too, because I always thought they were good.

So, what do you guys thinks? I'm now a Domino's girl.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Weirdly, I've recently been disillusioned with BOTH.

I used to love pizza hut, and it was always a treat because it never had the cheapest pizza growing up. I haven't had Dominoes in over a year, but the last time I had it, I thought it was just bland.

We've been pretty strong Papa John's supporters for the last decade or so. I think I'd still choose Pizza Hut over Dominoes right now, but I wouldn't take either over Papa John's.

(Oh, and I'l throw Little Ceasar's into the "not so good anymore" mix as well.)

3. WizardOfStaz

WizardOfStazNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer Pizza Hut. The prices are competitive and it's impossible to beat Stuffed Crust. I just can't stand the garlic salt that they put on Domino's pizza crust, it ruins every Domino's pizza for me. Unfortunately my best friend in high school worked at Domino's, so there was a bit of a rivalry over pizza.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had both in the past when I ate stuff like that and I'm sorry, but Dominoes is an insult to pizza! lol. So is Pizza Hut though. Dominoes made me gag. I have a huge appreciation for food and flavours and it was just.... an insult is all I can think of haha. I grew up with homemade pizza's and pastas though, so I'm very picky. Both are revolting to me. I went to the little places that loved what they do and put time, effort and actual ingredients into their food.. chains are baaaaaad..

5. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Although I order more from Dominoes nowadays, Pizza Hut still trumps them in terms of quality. Their crust is so crunchy and their pizza definitely tastes better overall.

6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer pizza hut. I like their Pizza compare to dominos. There is a pizza hut near my place, I guess that is another reason why I prefer it.

7. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I appreciate that these two are the two biggest nationwide pizza places. But, I don't think that either are very good. If I just want cheap pizza, I generally go to Costco and buy theirs. If I want good pizza, I go to a local pizza shop. If I was stuck choosing between those two, I'd probably go with Pizza Hut.

8. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    First of all let us not compare pizza from a fast food place to pizza at sit down restaurants. That is just unfair. First off the price. For the most part you do get what you pay for, so for premium pizza prices you do get better ingredients so it follows that your pizza will taste better (all things being equal). That being said I do like Domino's better now. I use to prefer pizza hut but their quality as fast food places go has just been getting worse. Domino's on the other hand has been improving service wise which was my concern with them in the past. I've always liked the crust of Domino's pizza better but their delivery service in the past was pretty spotty. Now that they've improved I dial their number when I crave pizza.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like both, but I prefer Pizza Hut because of their varied flavors and ingredients and for their 24 hour delivery service.

10. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I haven't eaten a Domino's pizza for years, because the last time I ate there, I got food poisoning! I would have said that I like Pizza Hut better, but as others have said here, their quality is going way down. The last time we ate there the pizza had so much grease floating on top of it, that I wanted to take some napkins and sop it up.:p I am a Papa John's lover now.

11. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I've got a local place that does far better pizzas than either but if I would have to choose between the two my vote would definitely go to Dominos.

12. iShootRocks

iShootRocksNew Member

Threads:
    I think I'd have to choose Pizza Hut. I just love their pizza and bread sticks! I've had it all my life as well... I don't think I'd change very easily.

13. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Wow! That's awful! Not that I will encourage you to eat there again, what with being poisoned, but they really are better now. I'm very impressed with their quality these days. They're trying, and it's obvious. Pizza Hut, on the other hand, doesn't seem to even care anymore.

14. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I love Pizza Hut more in my hometown mainly because you can get weird pizza like Tuna Pizza and it was so good. They also have a good variety of salad bar which by far my favorite of all salad bars I've encountered to. In our area though,the pizza hut has no salad bar and the pizza is not better than Domino so,I love Domino more. I especially love the Hawaiian pizza from Domino. I also love their hand toast crust.

15. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    My pick would have to be Pizza Hut.

16. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have always thought Dominoes was a good sort of generic pizza. Pizza Hut has a more authentic Pan pizza, which I think is flavorful and has substance. I am not a fan of the very thin boring pizzas and that is where Dominoes started out. I know some say thin pizza is authentic but that is not entirely true. I think people were sold on them by the chains, since there is just not that much to the pizza.

So enter pan pizzas, thicker tastier crusts that could stand alone. I have not had a Dominoes deep dish since I just found there pizza average and never continued to go back. Since I have never had a bad pan pizza at Pizza Hut, they will remain my pick.

17. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. The quality of fast food joints from these two here in India has always been top notch. Maybe they have simply started taking their customers for granted in the US.

18. RazKnows

RazKnowsNew Member

Threads:
    I'm actually going with neither because they're both greasy pizza's. I prefer poppa johns because of the natural ingredients and better executed pizza. They just added a chocolate chip cookie pizza and it's so amazing!

19. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I'd have to say neither. Little Caesar's is now my go to place for pizza. At $5 for a box, it cannot be beaten. Both Pizza Hut and Dominoes, and every other pizza place, could learn a thing from Little Caesar's. I love their sausage. Stuffed crust too! I've been disillusioned with all the other pizza restaurants since the introduction of Little Caesar's. I am not sure of how far reaching the franchise is currently, but if you live near one, I highly suggest that you try it out.

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had Pizza hut for many years but I recall it being a thick and greasy pizza, not the type of pizza I like. I had Domino's earlier in the year, I had the meat feast and it was absolutely delicious, smoky and meaty. The base is not the type of base I prefer but the topping was so good and I would definitely buy it again when on offer.