Pizza Hut Online: If There's "no Doubling-down," Why Do You 'offer It'?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • Jul 30, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    As a frequent

(and by taking the survey they email me after most of the completed orders) I get 'coupon-codes' I can enter for $10-off any order over $20, but not with any other discount.

I'm fine with that (although--if they're saying it's not available with any other discount--they ought to take off the 'over $20'-limit ... or leave it on and take off the 'no doubling-down'-rule). But their online 'checkout-register' GIVES A SPACE FOR YOU TO ENTER COUPON-CODE ... EVEN IF THE PREVIOUSLY-ENTERED ORDER IS A DISCOUNTED ITEM-OR-TWO!

It just seems to me that the 'coupon entry'-space should be filtered-out by the condition that "a discount is already present"---unless ... are there any coupon-codes that WORK when there's already a discount ordered?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it just seems like nitpicking. It's a general order form that works like it's supposed to. Coupon codes can be entered, but they'll be denied if they don't match the proper conditions. There are indeed coupon codes that work with discounts and deals on PizzaHut.com, but they're rare. They do exist, though, and it's still just a general order page with the option for a promo code. It wouldn't take much to have that coupon code area not appear on already discounted items, but that's not a huge deal.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I think youre nitpicking a bit. I think its a cool thing that they offer such a deep discount to begin with. I'm not much of a fan of pizza hut at all, but you can really get a lot of food their for a pretty decent price.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That kind of policy is pretty much standard with food outlets all across the world - you can't combine a discount code with any type of special deal.

If it's bothering you that much, why not drop customer care a quick email?

5. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I might have sent customer-care a note like this before (mostly out of curiousity ... the 'demanded reward'-thing is just `cause 'you receive not because you ask not'), but--if you (and several others before) are right about it being common to display a coupon-code entry-bar when no coupon would be valid--then it's just an annoyance like 'hair and fingernails that keep growing' :rolleyes:

Though I might get 'brownie points' for entering my coupon-codes even when they're not usable, won't I?