Places You'll Never Visit?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Dec 8, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reasons why people may choose not to travel somewhere:

#1. High cost of living — Singapore for example is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Unless I was rolling in dough, I'll never go there.
    #2. Security - The Middle East has so many terrorist groups operating in the region that it would be unwise to travel there and have to limit yourself to staying at one or two safe cities.
    #3. You just don't like a particular destination for some reason . . .

Questions: which places in the world would you rather not visit? Why?

2. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    There are places that I would like to go, but won't because it is just too crowded, and I don't like crowds. Tokyo, Japan is a perfect example. I would love to see it, but most of my time would be spent having anxiety attacks.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I always wanted to backpack around India as that was the thing to do. Since then, people have said it's not all that fun, many get ill and as I don't like curry I may struggle to eat. These days it has a bad reputation for scamming travelers and tourists, so if I never make it to India, I think I will be fine. It seems more stressful and there isn't anything in particular I want to see there and Thailand (I've been there) and Vietnam are as cheap and safer to visit.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I already know that I probably won't go to Africa or India because of the heat. I can not stand being hot at all. Hot areas and crowds will not suit me. I do love both cultures and as a kid I always thought I would go to these places, but now that I am an adult I am realizing that this is not the case.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't want to visit war-torn areas or areas rife with instability, kidnappings and insurgents. Not keen to pinpoint any country in particular, but the Middle East is such an area. As much as I enjoy adventures I think it's important to weigh the risks and care for your life.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'll never go visit rainforest areas. I love watching newly discovered animals on tv and I even would like to see them for myself up close but I just don't have enough patience or courage to visit these areas. I'd much rather just see these animals on tv or at humane zoos nearby than risk my life and well being just for a few glimpses that I can't even guarantee would happen.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well after seeing some of the statistics for police brutality in America, and just seeing Americans carry on crazy, I'd not want to go to America. When I was a child, I would always say that when I was old enough, I was going to move to America. For some reason I really wanted to live there, or at least visit if I couldn't live there. But since growing up and seeing the country for what it really is, I couldn't be happier that I was born in England.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Middle East, war torn parts of Africa and parts of South America petrify me. I doubt that I'll ever venture out that way. What's the point of going on a holiday if you can't relax and enjoy yourself, because you're too busy quaking in your boots for your safety. I know nowhere is a hundred per cent safe, but some places in the world are way out there scary!

9. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Unless its entirely business, I will not visit the lands of Russia! Not that I have anything against the Russian people, but that country is cold and not the greatest place to vacation at. If you leave the city limits, it's pretty much cold forests and savanna lands for miles on end until you reach mountains and hills. Also, one wrong turn and you can probably be mugged or kidnapped by Russian mobsters or thugs. Lastly, Russians drive crazy as heck and a lot of them do hit and runs, which is why there are so many videos showing Russian accidents because Russian people got tired of being hit and run while driving their cars!

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't be visiting Darfur, Sudan, Syria, Pakistan and Liberia anytime soon. But just because these countries are facing problems, that doesn't mean I'll close my doors and scrap them off my travel list for good. Perhaps when the conflicts abate, I'll have the courage to visit them by joining post-conflict humanitarian missions. I want to believe that someday these countries will be able to rise above their respective predicaments and find progress.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I apologize if you are from there and this offends you, but the only place on earth I would not step foot on is the Middle East. Not only for security, but for the way women are treated in many countries... I'm aware some countries are not extremists and women have rights, but still if I never travel to any of those countries I'm fine. I prefer to travel to America, Europe, Africa and the rest of Asia... Everywhere else is game for me!!!

12. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I could care less about visiting other countries. I've been to the United States and Mexico, although I'll probably make it to Canada eventually. I'm not in that camp of people that believes you need to travel in order to experience the world. As far as other cultures are concerned, I can experience all of that from the comfort of my home city, thanks to how many different cultures have their own niches here.

13. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    USA side of Niagara Falls, I wanted to until I started doing some research on it and realized its pretty much a slum surrounded by ghost towns. I understand effort is being made to revive and bring life back to the area but i would rather see Niagra Falls from the Canada side and someday I will.

14. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I will probably never visit some African countries that are currently in civil war. The only and obvious reason for that is my family's and my personal security. If things get better in the future I might go, who knows?

15. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    Places that are not safe to be travelled. For instance, some places in middle east because of war. I really wanted to go to india but because of some not good headlines about it, i erase it in the places i want to visit in the near future. Another is the places which is very expensive to go, at the moment it will be just a dream. But the I can never tell.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't want to ever go to the Middle East because of terrorism, or Africa because of the heat and crushing poverty.
    I also don't really want to visit Russia because it doesn't look like a fun, happy place to vacation.

17. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on this one, I just can't agree with the way women are treated in some countries either. I appreciate that this is the culture but as it stands, I have no wish to give my money to any country where women are routinely subjugated.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not go to Africa or India, the wild animals there are not something I want to experience. I just do not have a good picture in my minds eye of these two places. I also would not go to China, not safe enough for me.

19. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now, I cannot think of a place not to visit except maybe in war torn countries or those with risks of war like Palestine and Israel, Jordan, Iran. For the local tourist spot, I would never go to Boracay. Ironically, Boracay is the most popular beach resort in the country. But I will never visit that because it is always crowded, too many tourists are going there any time of the year.

20. jackob

jackobNew Member

Threads:
    You're right corzhens, Borcany is the most famous Island in Philippines, but i think that there is no kind of threat of visiting Philippians., That's a safe country, I had been to there and you should also go there.