Places You'll Never Visit?

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Jan 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everyone has their preferences and have some good reasons for not visiting some places because of security issues, the climate, the cost of living and so on. Personally I prefer traveling to places where I won't spend too much money. That's why I'll never visit Australia [again], Hong Kong [I've heard it's damn expensive], Singapore, and Switzerland.

What of you, guys?

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never thought about such a question. But the thing is I am not really sure about the place as I have not tried and explored wisely. Maybe after a few years, I will be sure to answer these questions in a better way.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need to have a reason to visit, either for culture, food or scenery. I have never been interested in Germany or Australia, the only thing I would like to see is a koala bear, but I'm not that desperate to go to Australia to see one. I don't like German food and am not interested in anything there and the same for many Middle East countries which also have restrictive laws. I'm not interested in Japan either, I can eat Japanese food anywhere, but I know many people like the culture, but I have never been fascinated by it even though I have worked for Japanese companies.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will never again visit the US. I have a personal beef with them. Not the people, before anyone jumps on me for that lol. I sort of link it to all that's wrong with the world haha, sorry.. it's just the first feeling I have when I think of the States. But, I'm Canadian, everything they do has an effect on us. Otherwise, the places I won't go will be much longer than the places I will. I have no connection to anywhere and I can go to a beach on my own soil. I need history and beauty and serenity to want to go somewhere. I know you can find that anywhere, but I need to see a story and the people that created it when I visit a place.. true history, nothing of a pampered people lol.

5. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of the US as well and i'm in central Europe. Mostly because everything looks homogenized and boring and there are only few places I would really be interested in visiting. Grand Canion being one of them. Also the american attitude and crowd is not really mt thing either.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never go to Mexico. It just seems boring and cheap entertainment. You can easily get Mexican food here. I actually almost went to the border due to a wrong turn and I was already unimpressed. I think there is a reason Mexicans leave the country.

7. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    This seems like quite a racist question, but I will answer without going against any ethnicity.

In my personal opinion, I just don't the way China treats some animals and how they cook certain animals and sell them on the street. I have nothing against Chinese people, but to answer this question, I wouldn't go to China because I'm a very strong animal lover, and it would hurt me to see so many street animals getting abused.

8. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it's part of their culture. You know some religions consider porc as being holy. And it's not eatable because it's an insult to them. Every part of the world has it's own culture and sometimes you just have to go with it. But I agree with your opinion, I wouldn't like to see street animals mistreated anyway :(.

9. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Hong Kong can be pretty expensive, but there are plenty of ways of playing the city more cheaply. And compared to Australia and Switzerland, Hong Kong actually feels quite reasonable. In terms of where doesn't appeal, I would have to say much of the Middle East. Maybe I'd do Dubai, but climate-wise it can get crazily hot and in general it just feels very restrictive. I went through Riyadh airport last year and I didn't get a good vibe about the place. But that's just me.

10. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't plan on visiting any country outside of the USA. I admire other countries via satellite TV from the comfort of my home. It's not that I don't have a sense of adventure but more of a sense of being safe. I feel safe here in the States.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been to Hong Kong and I didn't find it expensive at all. You could enjoy your time there with around $600 for about 4 days if you find a cheap enough hotel room and you budget your other expenditures well enough. As for myself, I probably wouldn't go to places like desserts or caves just because I'm not fond of going to those types of places as I'm already fairly satisfied seeing them on tv.

12. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I'd like to go to China, it seems like a glamorous country to visit, it would be so different for me, being six-foot tall, I would probably be the tallest person there, and of always wanted to try a variety of different foods and China is the place to be for that.

13. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I'll ever visit Dubai. From what I understand it is a just a lot of high end shopping and beautiful new architecture, it would be cool to see but I don't think I would ever waste the money to go.

I would never visit Greenland because it looks way too cold!

I would never visit North Korea because of political reasons, also why I would not visit all the countries in conflict in the middle east.

14. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Hong Kong is not really that expensive. Food is cheap, and you can find okay accommodation for a okay price easily, at least from what I remember. Japan is the place that is more expensive and if I did not like the culture so damn much (darn do I want to go to a hot spring next time I visit!) I would never visit again, I'm miserable in a place with so much food and seafood!

Otherwise, the places I would never visit... I'd say Saudi Arabia. I'm not a fan. I would also not enjoy countries where I'm prohibited to wear my favorite clothes (short sleeves shirts, dresses, skirts, etc).

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never visit the Middle East, for both security reasons and because I don't agree with their beliefs. I know thee are countries where women have rights, religion is not as fanatic and insane, but I would much prefer to go to safer and saner places where beliefs are closer to mine and people don't kill for what they believe.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it, I don't think people miss much when they don't travel abroad. After all, the only difference in all that is being physically present [in some exotic location] having spent quite a lot of money to get there in the first place. On TV, nature documentaries, etc, you can SEE most of the fancy tourist sites, wildlife, etc. Guess it's time I started considering doing that myself.

17. LadyMama

LadyMamaNew Member

Threads:
    I personally would never see London, I do not like cold and damp weather, and from what I have read and heard that seems to be the constant of there. I have a fit when its cold here in the USA. I sometimes would rather hibernate than some outside in the cold. However, I do love their accent and the fact tea to them is like coffee to us.

18. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I never says "never" to any good place just because of money or expenses issues. I am really passionate about traveling and i really do effort for making my journey most remarkable ones. U.S is one of my favourite travel destinations.There is numerous of reasons but i think questions is not about favourite ones its about a place where in never want to go again. So yes it is "Africa" i am not really found of such places lol....

19. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    "never to visit" may have something negative attached to a certain place.. for me, I will never visit any hotels, stores, shops, supermarket, many other establishment who will treat their customer rudely and gave a very BAD IMPRESSION of themselves and the organization.

As for the country, hmm I would like to visit every country in the whole world... if I have the opportunity.

20. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's really hard to cite a place that I'll never visit, because I'm always open to a lot of experiences, but of course there's that one place that I could put last in the list, and they are I think probably the hot places in Africa and Middle East. I really like to be in hot places. Of course you can stay in an air-conditioned room, but that's gonna make everything pointless. I mean you are going there to enjoy their endemic natural wealth and beauty. You can't enjoy it by just imply looking at those. You have to experience them first-hand.