Plant lights

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Mar 3, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried any of these eco lights for your home/garden? Would you even give it a try.. I am seriously giving it a thought.

18029_3_600.

40050_1_600.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I have seen these lights, I have used grow lights in the past, especially during the winter when the sun light is not long enough for the plants grow cycle.

When I worked during the day I would leave a light on for the plants.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love these they look so pretty i'm about to get started on my own garden it's something I have always wanted to do of course i'm waiting for the weather to get warmer before starting and I think I will def use on of these lights for my garden.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Pat, I use grow light all the time as I have mostly indoor plants. But these are light fitting that work as planters or plants that works as light fitting. They are really very pretty. I have been thinking of putting together one for myself on the lines of the English ivy plant lights.
    I am sure I will enjoy seeing the way the grow and light up my home.

5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    This seems very interesting. I would definitely give this a try and see how it works out. I currently live in an area where the plants get more than enough sunlight so I don't exactly know if this would be the best idea.
    Could there actually be bad side effects from using this method? I have always been a person who likes the natural way better but I am very intrigued by this product!
    I have never even heard of something like this before. Thanks for sharing!

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Anna, Indoor plants may not always get sufficient light. It is wonderful if you can bring the outdoors indoors. There would be no side effects ( if you mean plant burn or anything like that) if you use LED bulbs and keep the plants from directly falling on them. Having plants indoors only increase the availability of fresh clean air for you in your home.

7. jennifer.f

jennifer.fNew Member

Threads:
    I did this with my garden and its seem so beautiful in night. i show some pictures of my garden
    modern_web.organic_web.

8. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Look really beautiful, just wonder whether all plants like such light? Do they grow well in the lamplight?

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Your garden does look beautiful and the fact that you can see it and enjoy your garden at night makes it all the more beautiful. I wish I could have a huge garden where I could play with lighting :)

10. zmaras

zmarasNew Member

Threads:
    Using special lights to grow plants inside is a great method and has been proven to work over and over again. If you really want to try it, I would suggest getting a tube light fixture, and then buying a normal florescent light bulb with about 6700k (Kelvin). This is a rating given based on the lights spectrum, and that particular rating is widely considered the best that you can use for standard house plants. Just hang the light over the table that you want to use for the plants using some nice chains that compliment your home's decor, and maybe paint the fixture itself for a little extra flair. With just a little bit of effort, you could have a really cool looking garden table in you living room that will help clean the air, enrich your living, and draw focus when you have company over.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, we have eco-lights in our garden, although they don't look like the light in the picture you attached. They look more conventional and are in the style of a lamp. It makes the garden look really nice at night time.

12. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Here are some light fixtures that are so different :)
    pendant-light-plant-terrarium-indoor-garden-9.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish I could get hold of some of these.

13. bargainhunter

bargainhunterMember

Threads:
    Somebody mentioned grow-lights earlier and I just thought I'd pass on a tip. I dont know id it is the same in all countries but here in the Uk, police forces will often have an auction of stuff that they have taken from thieves. One of the more popular cheap lots is the special lights confiscated from cannabis growers as they also help legal herb plants grow quickly too. A guy near me grows basil plants from scratch in about 3 weeks using these and his yield is fantastic.

14. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! that must be a cheap and legal source to buy from. I wish we had something like that system here in my country. Growlight are indeed expensive. It would be worth it to buy those at cheaper prices. Most of my plants grow under grow lights.