Plastic Or Real Christmas Trees?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Jason76 • Dec 18, 2016.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I don't need a Christmas tree either, I wouldn't even celebrate Christmas at all, but I do it for my kids because they love that moment of decorating the tree and putting the gifts underneath. So it's for them, not for me, parents do it all of the kids, and this is something small I do to make them happy.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've never seen a real Christmas tree and we've been using the plastic ones since I was a kid. I don't know if it's necessary or not to have a real Christmas tree because for me, it's the same thing. Celebrating Christmas won't be based on which or what kind of Christmas tree do we have, or even if we don't have one. Well in our place, not having a Christmas tree is common. I don't think it's really a need to have one anyway, or even if I have one, I can use it every year instead of buying Christmas trees every year. I can't afford to spend a lot with not-so-important things to begin with. In fact, me and my family enjoys Christmas even without a Christmas tree :)

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to purchase a plastic one because I like to recycle the same tree for the next time. Why purchase a new tree when you can use the same one? You only use it for 10 days max. so what's the point of a real one? Fake trees are also a lot easier to take care of and move from place to place because they come in a box most of the time. Fake trees save the most money and that's what I'm most concerned about.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    You have never seen a real pine Christmas tree, really? I find that so surprising because I've grown with those and it was a big moment for me when I was a kid. I loved to sit in the dark just seeing the lights on the tree, it was magical to me. Sure, as an adult I see that there is no need for that, but kids love fantasy. :)

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    No kidding. I haven't seen a real pine tree yet. Well I always want to see one, and have one :) Yes I believe that it can be magical even though I haven't seen one yet. I wonder how does it differ from a plastic one. Well we had plastic ones before when I was still a kid and we used to decor them and they looked magnificent :D Even though I said that the essence of Christmas won't be based on whether we have Christmas trees or not, I still believe that it can add the feel to it. And as an adult, I still believe in the magic of Christmas :D

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Great that you still believe in the magic of Christmas. :)

I'll tell you the difference between a real one, and the plastic ones. The real ones have the pine tree smell, and I like to get pieces of it, and sometimes my fingers get gluey because of messing with it. :) As you can see, a lot of entertainment for a kid. :D

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Yes I do. Actually, I was just watching one of my favorite Christmas movies ever which is the Polar Express and my childhood Christmas came back :) I wonder how does the pine tree smell in real life? Do they have any similarities with car perfumes pine tree scents? I don't know if I'm being funny here but pardon me since I have no idea. Thanks! :D

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    LOL, it's actually pretty hard to transmit to you the smell of pine tree over the internet, you have never seen a pine tree or eaten pinions? :) Polar Express is a good movie, I've seen it and my kids have seen it a couple of times too. :)