Playing The Lottery

Discussion in Misc & Others started by prose • Jan 10, 2016.

1. laurelbell85

laurelbell85Member

Threads:
    I played. I am kind of irritated that the winner in Chino Hills, CA was already a multimillionaire. I was happy a family won, and I am happy I won $4 lol. The odds are ridiculous. I will play when it gets super high again lol. With the amount of the jackpot, it would have, at that point, been nice of the government to divide it up and cut everyone a nice chunk of change.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm the same, I was happy with my 2 separate $4 winnings, on the separate drawings.

The situation I mentioned above was sort of a lose lose proposition. She's the owner of that store in my neighborhood, as well as the next local convenience shop. I don't frequent either very often, but do need to run to that particular one on occasion. If I'd asked her to cancel that ticket and print another (plus the one she didn't run), I would have felt that I jinxed myself against winning, since maybe it was 'fate' that I get that particular ticket, especially since I don't usually play the megaplier. The post was more about my occasional superstitious nature than the clerk/owner. She's not my favorite cashier, but her brother, who is my favorite, as well as the favorite of everyone else in the neighborhood, is retiring, so we'll be dealing with her more. If the purchase had been for something else and she'd messed it up, I probably would have called it to her attention, but in this case, I left it the way it was, since I didn't want to get in the way of fate. Of course, I didn't win on the ticket, and perhaps I would have if I'd had the lotto ticket she failed to print :p.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I played too, this time. I rarely do. It was more for fun than anything else, plus there is always the slightest chance... We hit the Powerball, but just the Powerball, so we won $4.00, ha ha. It's better than nothing, right?

I do hate when people who already have money win. It's none of my business, I know, but I still hate it. :p

I love when people who really need it win, especially the nice ones that want to help out less fortunate people with some of their winnings. I would definitely do that, give something back.

4. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I don't understand why more people would play just because it's the largest in history. What person needs that much money? And why isn't any of the other jackpots enough? Just crazy to me. I wouldn't ever want to have that much money. Money makes people selfish. Plus you'd have everyone coming out of the woodwork asking you for money and you'd be broke before you knew it anyway. I just think it's silly.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I have to admit, I played too. I rarely play, but I just had to participate in a jackpot that large. It doesn't bother me that someone with money already, won.

6. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I think gambling is like starting a business. In other words, if it's not done right, then yes, it can be a massive waste of money. For instance, in a business, you need a large startup to help you thru the tough times while on the way to the easy times and the same is true in gambling. For instance, in video poker, a large bankroll is needed to overcome the odds.

Therefore, I conclude, generally speaking, that the way to save money during gambling is to go in with a lot and play very smart, hence increasing the chance of coming out either a little bit or way ahead.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    In my area the lottery is not a huge amount so I really don't pay attention to that. Maybe if I had more to spend I would play a couple of times. But 1 billion is an amount that would definately catch my attention. I remember when I used to live in the US I would play frequently as the lottery reached half a billion dollars,

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried to play the lottery yet simply because I have not yet dreamed of the "correct" set of numbers within the lottery range that I could bet on. Once I do, I will take it as a sign of divine intervention and I will go to the kiosk to place my bet. I have dreamed of numbers before, but they were not remembered clearly, or if I did, the numbers were not fit for a lottery bet.

However, when I was 14 I remember telling my mom that I dreamed of numbers, and she placed them as bets the next day. I think 2 of the numbers appeared out of 6 in the results.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only buy lottery tickets when I have extra money and I make it my policy not to spend too much on it because lotteries are not made for you to win. Buying lotto tickets is just like giving alms that instead of giving money to the beggar, I would just buy a lotto ticket. The lottery here is aimed to help the needy because the proceeds go directly to charity. That’s why I don’t have regrets even if my ticket would not win because I have that feeling that somehow I had given something to charity.