Plus Size Bathing Suits?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SEA81 • Apr 28, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Can anyone suggest a good place to buy quality, inexpensive plus-size bathing suits? All the ones I can find are either Wal-Mart cheap or $150+. Thanks!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last bathing suits I bought were from Ross Dress for Less. They were relatively inexpensive. I picked up a few really cute ones. Also, Target sells plus size swimsuits. Not only are the cute, but reasonably priced.

3. GrandmaHugme

GrandmaHugmeMember

Threads:
    Although I usually go straight to online Shopping.com to find things I need, it does not always meet my needs. So, I go to Google and select IMAGES, and then type in the search bar: Bathing suits 3x (or whatever). You will come up with images from catalogs, ebay and online stores and can instantly see if it is a suit color or style you like. In the past, I have purchased suits online from Roaman's and Woman Within for about $75. I hope this helps! Good luck!

#3Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips! I try to shop in person at first so I don't have to deal with the hassle of returning, and I totally forgot about Target - they have such cute clothing. But I've never tried shopping.com. Thanks again!

5. chigger

chiggerNew Member

Threads:
    I found my 3-piece suit at a Target store. It was pretty costly though, equalling at around $60. It was very worth the purchase. It's lasted at least 3 years, still fits very well, and hasn't shown any signs of fading or fraying. Target is also a widely placed store across the United States, you should easily find one near you. I'd also like to second that Shopping.com is a good place to purchase plus-sized clothing. It gives you a wide array of results. You could also consider seeing if there's a Catherine's near you. Catherine's specializes in plus-sized clothing and can match you with your exact perfect fit every time. They have a sizing system that clearly details how you are shaped and what size you are. So in the future when you go to them you can say something like "I was a 37 red triangle last time" and the workers will then help you find an appropriate fit. I must confess their clothes fit me better than anything I've ever purchased anywhere else. They really understand the different shapes we all have.