Plus size clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by mariee • Jul 25, 2014.

1. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    So far I shop mostly on Torrid or Forever 21, and sometimes on the plus section of stores like Burlingtons, Marshalls, TJ Max, JCP or Sears.

I like Torrid because it's easy to find something, but the clothes are sometimes too casual. It's hard to find work type of clothes here. Torrid can be expensive but if you watch out for sales or their clearance section you can get better prices. I love Torrid jeans, they fit great and the quality is nice. I wear them a lot and they last, the material doesn't rub and break on the tights area as easily as some cheaper jeans.

I like Forever21 because it's cheap. I like to buy Staples like camis here and also fun going out type clothes but like Torrid there's rarely anything professional here. I get dresses and tops here, but never pants. Their sizes tend to run small. I'm a 2x on Torrid but 3x on F21.

Other department stores are hard to find clothes. You can get good deals and interesting styles but you need more time to go through the racks. I hate that the plus size sections tend to be really far from the straight size women section. On one of my local Burlingtons there's women clothes on the first floor, and plus size women is on the second floor with the mens clothes.

Where do you buy plus size clothes and what do you like and dislike about different stores?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of my plus sized clothes at places like JCPenny's, Kohl's, and Cato. I really like how they have a section that caters to plus sized women. I hate having to search through size 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Not that there are anything wrong with that, but I just want to be able to find my size. There isn't anything I really dislike about them, but the prices. I just hate spending money anyway.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I hate labels and don't really consider myself "plus" size. I'm just me. I've never been tiny and since having a baby, nothing about my body is the way it used to be. I just shop for what fits me and if it happens to come from the "plus size" section, that's just fine. A month ago I bought something from the "petite" department. Have I mentioned that I hate labels?

Okay, getting off my soap box now. My favorite place to shop in general is Maurices because they have all kinds of sizes. I can usually find something to fit this strange, post-baby body of mine. :) I also like JCPenney and Sears. I would never think to go to Sears for clothes but dang, I have found some cute clothes there lately for everybody in my family. I do like Torrid as well but their prices are usually more than I am willing to pay. I have my eye on a cute swimsuit from them but just the top alone is $45 and I can't justify that price. For swimsuits, I love to go to swimsuitsforall.com. Highly recommend!

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the recommendation for swimsuits.

It's not that I like labels but at the size I wear, there's no way something's going to fit me if it's not from the plus size section. The likelihood of a standard size xl to fit is so small I'd rather not bother spending time looking at sections that are not plus size. So it's not that I like to call my body plus size but that that's the way the fashion industry calls my size so...