Plus Size Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Kenya Swan • Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kenya Swan

Kenya SwanMember

Threads:
    I wear plus size clothing, but I find that nice quality clothing for plus size women seems to cost more money or is not very stylish. Does anyone know where I can buy inexpensive, stylish, plus size clothing?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am in that size that is not exactly plus size, but sometimes regular Large doesn't fit me (and I'm trying my hardest to lose weight and get out of that). But I definitely agree with you - the good ones are way more expensive than a regular size. Not to mention the variety is not that good and some tend to look very sober and not fun.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Ebay has lots of them, anything from clothes to underwear. Although I think there is a bit of a limitation in the style since the sellers there are way fewer than there is on Amazon. We don't have that her though so I mostly just stick to ebay and for the most part it is very handy. I also like buying from China based sellers now because they have very cheap products and even though the quality is a little lower I don't mind since I don't pay much for it and I could just combine them with more expensive items to make a whole look that doesn't feel cheap.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Ashley Stewart has stylish plus size clothing. Torrid also has fashionable clothing, but they aren't are inexpensive as Ashley Stewart. A new store called City Chic opened up in the mall near me. They sell clothing for sizes 14 and up. The clothes are well made and stylish. They are not cheap though. There is a website too: citychiconline.com

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the selection for plus sizes at Lane Bryant collection.
    rc_231065_21159?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298.pr_230483_06400?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298.pr_230399_13220?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298.pr_229033_20661?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298.pr_230008_21159?$thumbnail$&wid=229&hei=298.

6. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I have the same problem. I used to shop at Deb, before they "went out of business" and got a whole new line that seems to cost twice as much.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I wear plus size also and I hate trying to find clothes that fit right and do not look like "old lady" clothes. Why do they have to make such ugly prints for bigger people? Anyway, I like Kohl's plus size clothes. They are nice and if you hit the sales or when they are doing the Kohl's cash you can get a really decent price on them. I bought 4 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and 2 sweaters at the end of last year for less than $150. They were on sale and the sales person gave me another discount for 30% off. They fit nice, are stylish, and they look more expensive than they are. They usually have great sales.

8. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    I usually shop Maurices, swimsuitsforall, Deb's (before they went out of business), department stores (dillards, nordstrom, belk)

9. Kenya Swan

Kenya SwanMember

Threads:
    I never thought about shopping on Ebay for plus size clothing. Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely take a look at what is offered on there.

I agree that Lane Bryant has nice plus size clothing. I just think Lane Bryant is expensive unless you can shop with their Real Woman Dollars and sales. Many times I go in there and a pair of pants can cost you $80.

Wow! That is a great price for 4 shirts, 2 pair of pants, and 2 sweaters! I did not know Kohl's had a plus size line of women's clothing. I usually shop at Kohl's for my children but for some reason never considered looking for myself. I will definitely take a look at their plus size clothing the next time I visit the store.

#9Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  10. DressTop24

DressTop24New Member

Threads:
    Hey dear, you can buy under plus size clothes. I visit that website, but I did not buy any cloth. I think you should try if you like this dress. I hope this online shopping site will help you to buy that you desire. The address:

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it depends upon where you are based in the world, as far as physical retailers that you would be able to visit. But if you are in the UK, a good retailer for plus size - and reasonably priced - is a store called Evans? I don't know if you ever would have heard of them. There is a lady who is famous over here in the UK called Gemma Collins. She is plus sized too and has her own fashion line out. You could check her website out.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Lane Bryant has nice clothes, but I go to my local thrift shop. They have a lot of clothes still with tags on them. I got some cute JCP shorts for $2.99 that retail $40. I never thought my local thrift shop would ever carry my size, but now that plus sizes have become the norm you can find some good stuff at second hand shops.

13. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best remedy to clothe plus size figures is to have them custom made. This does not have to be necessarily expensive. There are local tailors, fashion designers and artisans whose skills you can use to good measure. They don't have the ostentatious prices of big shops and you get to uplift their initiatives. Buying clothes from online stores may pose a challenge since one size does not fit all.

14. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant I agree One Size does not Fit All. The fit depends on the brand and the style. I like to try my clothes on first before buying and this is why I will not buy my clothes on line. If they do not fit, then you have to take the time to send it back and that can be a hassle. I do not even like taking things back to the store when I have to.

15. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    The US and the UK tend to have larger sizes that would fit me. Here is Asia, branded plus size clothing usually doesn't fit larger plus sized women. I get mine from local private sellers who sell practical clothing at prices for small size clothing. I kind of went overboard shopping last year too, since I've finally found the right ones for me.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Seems like Forever21has some plus size clothing, you can check them out here:

they're not cheap, but you can wait for sales to be able get a discount!

17. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Nordstrom Rack online. My size has been up and down in the past few years and all I can say is that unlike Lane Bryant and similar stores, their clothes are cut for women with fuller curves. I also like Marshall's/TJ Maxx.

18. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I like Jessica London and Roman's. Both have catalogs and online stores as well. Everything is such great quality. They have fantastic deals and sales. They reward repeat customers with extra discounts. Plus, if you happen to not love something when it arrives, they give you no hassle whatsoever about returns.

19. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Woman Within has on online store and they also send out a nice catalog very often. They have really cut clothes and they run tons of sales. You might want to try them.

20. bluebetta

bluebettaMember

Threads:
    I have gotten some really really great deals on dresses at Sammydress.com . Some of their dresses are standard sizes but others do come in plus sizes. For instance this goes up to 3xl and is just a little over ten bucks. 20160527171529_54920. \