Plus Size Women's Clothing

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Parker • Apr 13, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For the plus size girls and women: There are many great places online that sell stylish plus size clothing. Some of my favorite places:

Old Navy

Ashley Stewart:

The Avenue

2. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    It's always good to see places catering to plus sized women. So many stores only sell clothes for the waifs and tiny ladies. I'm jealous, of course, but I like to look good just like anyone else! Thanks for posting this, I'm definitely going to go browse around.

3. renmew

renmewMember

Threads:
    I was also very happy with my plus size orders from Old Navy. Haven't tried the other two, though. Thanks for the links. The nice think with Old Navy is a 2x actually is a 2x, unlike some of the other stores that say they have plus sizes, but the cuts are still all wrong.

Another good plus size company is Lane Bryant, when you can get the stuff on sale.

4. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Good post, thank you. I'm a UK size 16. so I'm borderline plus size, and I don't buy a lot of my clothes online. However, it's nice to know that if I'm shopping for a special occasion such as a wedding, there are sites that can cater to my needs without my having to take out a mortgage to buy a decent outfit that fits me and looks good.

5. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:
    I love this store as well, and I believe they ship to the U.S.

They have two stores with one check out. I really like Additionelle. Right now they are having a deal spend $100 get 25% off, spend $200 get $35% off. The code is in the Hot Deals forum.

6. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:

My absolute favorite store for clothes is Goodwill. I never thought I would say that, but I started going a few months ago and I've bought so many name brand jeans for like $4 and the shirts are only $3. You would NEVER guess my clothes were used and I get compliments all the time.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for that link. I bookmarked the site. I really like Addition Elle career chic collection. They do ship to the United States. It's a challenge finding affordable professional career clothes.

The plus size market is often overlooked.

8. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Torrid is a plus size store geared toward younger women. I like shopping here because I can wear either a "0" or a "2", instead of a 14/16 ;). Silly, but the number thing really does make you feel good. I have also seen cute Plus Size items at Target.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Chico's has extended its line to include plus sizes. I love Chico's clothes. They're beautiful and comfortable.

10. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else find it irritating that Old Navy doesn't sell their plus sized clothing in stores? I've been tempted to order from them, but I'm so afraid they won't fit right. My favorite "plus size" store to shop is The Avenue.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me. I really hate it. Not all sizes fit the same. It really depends on the cut and the quality of the material. This is why I like the review section. I really appreciate the honesty of the reviews.

12. mrsalphabet

mrsalphabetMember

Threads:
    What I find even more annoying is that Old Navy Canada doesn't sell plus size clothing at all. Not even online :( I have book marked all the sites you guys have listed! Awesome :)

13. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Here is one more site. It's not much but I like the clothes.

I know it's very hard to find something. My boyfriend gain some weight in the last few months and it is really hard to find him great short pants or cool t-shirt for the summer. I know what is to go from store to store without finding anything! It's very frustrating! Everything is so tiny!

14. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    I have gained a lot and these fashionable plus sized boutiques are always my go-to shops. Because of these stores, a plus sized woman can find fashionable clothing that can boost their confidence and self-esteem. Old Navy has been my favorite brand ever since! ;)

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this site. I have bookmarked this website. I really didn't know that H&M sold plus size clothing. I wonder if they sell them in their stores. There's a store in the mall close to me. I really need to check it out.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's a Torrid fairly close to me, but I've never gone inside. I assumed it was just for teenagers and the college crowd, but my friend told me today that the dress she was wearing was from Torrid.

17. askpreeti

askpreetiNew Member

Threads:
    In today’s fashion market, there are many options for plus sized women. From stand-alone stores, to department stores to online fashion websites; women with curvier figures can easily find stylish apparel to fit their lifestyle.

There are a variety of trends available in the present market for plus size clothing. There is great variety of formal, informal and casual wears, swimming costumes, professional attires and a lot more other kind of clothing are available in the market.

18. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    In today's era people become more fashionable and advance. Here I get great details about plus size women clothing with latest design and best quality. Thanks to all for giving this such nice details about women's clothing.

19. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hey! This is a great thread. My size fluctuates a lot depending on what I've been eating and how dedicated I am to eating right and exercising. But some years, I just want to be free and end up being borderline plus size. So, it's helpful to read recommendations from others like you.

I like

. They design for sizes 10-28. For trendier and clubwear stuff,

, isn't too bad. They do sizes 12-26. But some of their designs are too wild and Kardashian-like for me. If you are like me and love dresses, here's a good site:

For a really nice and inspiring plus-size fashion blog/website, check out:

. She's sooooo pretty!!!

#19Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  20. emiliiocharles

emiliiocharlesNew Member

Threads:
    Clothing is icon of fashion. Here I get such great details about plus size women clothing. Many time people needs plus size clothing with latest pattern, affordable rates with new colour.