Plus Sized Women Fashion

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Diane_H • Jun 15, 2015.

1. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    Plus sized women may look better in a slightly different cut. I know this may be shocking to hear, but some women do not want to wear super-short sleeves with a hem so tight it leaves a ring around the middle of your upper arm.

What are the worst fashion faux pas you've seen in supposedly plus-sized clothes?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are there fashion faux pas for plus-sized clothes? Let's see. Maybe women who wear clothes that don't match their size. I mean, there's nothing wrong with wearing anything you want but it's a known fact that when you overly experiment on your style, it will end up backfiring. Plus-sized women look more sophisticated and classy wearing modest clothes. Showing a lot of skin will not flatter their appearance. I personally like Adele's style prior to her pregnancy. She looks so beautiful no matter what she wears. Oh, and Meghan Trainor also has a noteworthy sense of style.

3. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I find that sometimes there is too much material and pleats, that actually accentuate the size, rather than make it more flattering. Definitely the cut of the clothes can make the necessary space needed, while creating shape and style.

4. Diane_H

Diane_HNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do believe that there are fashion faux pas in the cut of clothes that are supposedly sized for plus sizes. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to think that they are more prominent in discount stores that probably serve a majority of the blue collar to mid white collar employees in my area.

Ultra short sleeves, ultra short skirts, the poor placement of lace insets, see-through nightwear (and I truly mean see-through) worn as daywear over a sheath... are just a few of the (If we don't call them fashion faux pas, how about manufacturing blunders?) manufacturer design mistakes that I've seen just this week alone.

5. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I have so much to say about this as a plus sized gal. I notice how some brands that supposedly cater to plus sized women have really unflattering clothes and has only one kind of style for a really expensive price. I feel like they're focusing only on the size and not how it feels on the person and the style. Oh the style. Most of the plus size brands here have really bad style with so much animal prints on them. The clothes also look like they're only for older women. Did they not think that there are much younger plus sized women out there who or looking for stylish clothes that actually fit them? I really hope manufacturers fix this and come up with better plus size clothes.

6. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    I hate the outfits that tend to have a huge design on it, causing others to stare at the 4 large flower prints I'm wearing. I also hate when they make the tops small around the chest area, but big everywhere else. I wear a triple D, and I need lots of space at the top. I'm just saying... make tops with boob space, not large arm space where if I raise my arms people can see my underarms....lol

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My problem is not size, it is length, I am short most clothes I have to alter to have a outfit that fits me. The arms are too long, the legs are too long, the skirt is too long only a few designers make clothes for short people.