Plyometric workout?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Thejamal • Sep 24, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    What are some good plyometric workouts or routines that are out there and effective? I'm not looking for something crazy, but just something that is challenging and is around 10-15 minutes.

2. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    P90X and it's more recent iterations have great plyo workouts. They aren't 10 minutes though. Tony Horton, who created it, also has a program called 10 minute trainer which maybe you should look into. There are some days where plyometrics really come into the program.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yea, I've done a lot of the P90x and am currently looking for something a little lighter right now. Perhaps I should just adapt some of that workout, or maybe just do 1 rotation of the P90x plyo routine. Not that it isn't a fantastic workout, but I often don't have the 1hr 30 minutes it take to go through P90x

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have done two different versions of the P90X work-out which has plyometric. We find this is also very similar to 'Hit' workouts that are now very fashionable. There are small intervals of quick movements then cool downs. In Tony Horton's P90X workouts certain sports moves are imitated like shooting hoops up in a basic then lunging down to catch the ball again. He encourages he viewers to 'move like a cat'. I think its fun and a different spin on normal workout routines. Its also something I can get my husband to do. Most workout videos tend to be more for women. But the P90X workouts and all the ones from 'Beachbody.com' seem to cater to both men and women equally so couples can workout together.