Pocket Wifi vs Phone Tethering

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Jun 1, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    An internet connection is becoming more and more vital in today's world. It opens up a lot of doors for communication, research, entertainment, information, and loads of other things. I currently have two ways to connect to the internet:
    1. Via pocket WiFi or
    2. Via a sim card which I will put in my phone and just tether it so that other devices would be able to connect.

Which do you think is more preferable?

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    What do you get the better signal on? Also, does one option cost more than another? Depends on what you find more important. If you get a better internet signal with one, then that's probably the best option to use. It's kind of hard for anyone to give you a proper opinion because we don't know what the internet connection speed for wifi or a sim card is in the area that you live in.

3. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    The real question is: do you need that mobile access? I'm personally content with just using my phone for email and web browsing, but I can tether if I want to. The problem is, my connection is usually too slow for tethering. It does depend on where I am, though. In most cities, it is a lot better, so I could tether then.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a great question because I have it also. I need to use my phone or a tablet to do work in the field and need to get online. Which would be best the option to tether or hotspot. The phone would not be able to function as a phone if tethered and the hotspot will require additional charges.

Which is better?