Podcasts

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Fauxpat • May 31, 2014.

1. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Does anybody else enjoy podcasts? They're a great, free form of entertainment and depending on what you're listening to they can be more entertaining/informative than anything on TV/radio. I mostly listen to them in the car while I'm running errands for work, which is usually very often. My favorite has to be the

podcast. It's hilarious, and actually way better than the TV show on IFC.

So what about you? What do you listen to?

2. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    I wish I had more time to listen to podcasts. Most of them are an hour long which is a little much for me. When I do get the chance to listen to one I like the Nerdist, which is a podcast that covers nerd culture like comic books and stuff. I love John Oliver's The Daily Bugle cast. John Oliver is a correspondent on the Daily Show and his podcast has a focus on politics and is at least as funny as that show. Kevin Smith's SModcast is always good and finally Cracked.com has a weekly podcast that is always really interesting and is a great place to learn something new.

I've never listened to Comedy Bang Bang but I have heard of it and I think I'll give it a shot now. Thanks for the recommendation!

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I listen to a lot of podcast since I have to commute everyday to work. I find it handy to have something to listen to while riding the bus or train. I listen to fiction podcast mostly, I also love listening to podcast like TED Radio Hour and similar stuff. I also love listening to the guys at Rocketjump.com every episode of Facerocker. Podcasts are a great source of both entertainment and knowledge, I'm glad they invented it.

4. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to a lot of podacasts! Most of them are literary podcasts, then one where in you can listen to stories and stuff. I also love listening to informative podcasts like How Stuff Works or TED Talks. I also love listening to Star Talk radio, I enjoy Neil Tyson's voice so much.

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite podcast is Coast To Coast am. Although I have to admit, I listen to the later feeds more than when it is actually happening. You can do that too, as a Coast 'insider' on their site. It's cheap, and well, you have to love Coast, but I do.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I listen to podcast too when I have free time to listen. Two of my favourites are cracked.com podcast and also talk fight. They both keep me laughing when I listen to them. There were some I listened to in the past that were really funny too but I can't remember their name.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I rarely listen to podcasts, but I do watch a few video versions of them once in a while because I like having something to view. One of my favorites is Joe Rogan's show, but I honestly can listen to almost any other comedian's show as long as they aren't annoying to me. I also listen to some philosophy and psychology podcasts every now and then, but I mostly just Google it and pick whatever result pops up whenever I feel the craving to learn something new or decide I want to look up specific topics.