Pop Weaver Caramel Glazed Popcorn

Discussion in Product Reviews started by hayrake • Jan 17, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The other day I got in an uncharacteristic mood to make caramel popcorn. You know, the old fashioned kind that you make from popcorn you've actually popped in a pan on the stove top.
    Well, anyway, Walmart was out of the kind of pop corn you pop on the stove yourself so my husband pointed out this box of Pop Weaver Caramel Glazed Popcorn and said I should try that. I attempted to talk him out of it as I didn't see how a microwave caramel corn could possibly be anything like the real thing, but he wasn't having it and kept saying how it would be easier, etc.
    Secretly, I think my husband was skeptical of my homemade caramel popcorn making ability.
    Needless to say, we ended up buying the Pop Weaver junk.
    And junk it was. At best one might be able to say it was "ok"; but if you are wanting the real thing and you don't have the time to, the ingredients for or the spouse who thinks that you can make your own then you would do much better to just pick up a nice box of Fiddle Faddle or Cracker Jacks instead.
    The so called caramel glaze is thin and spotty and gives only the barest hint of caramel flavor. Not to mention that if you're not careful you will burn the first bag in a heartbeat just trying to get all the kernels to pop.
    I don't recommend this product at all.