Popcorn To Lose Weight?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by chiofthenorns • May 19, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with what everyone else is saying. Popcorn can definitely fill you up and help you lose weight. Though, the term "flavoured" can be debatable. For example, adding butter won't help very much, but if you put some chilly flakes or some sort of hot pepper on it, it is not bad. It won't make you gain weight. But, make sure that it isn't ONLY popcorn as it may make your stomach uncomfortable over time.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not fond of popcorn, so I won't be trying this diet tip out. I'd rather drink lots of fluid to suppress my appetite and to be able to lose weight. Or just sleep when I'm feeling hungry when it's late at night, lol.

3. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    You can eat 3 cups of air-popped popcorn for only 93 calories. You can, also, pop your popcorn in the microwave in a brown paper bag to save on calories. It can be cooked in a pot with a little oil on the stove but oil-popped popcorn is a little higher in calories. A 3 cup serving has about 120 calories. It is important to skip the butter on your popcorn though because just 1 tablespoon of butter adds another 102 calories. So eat up and enjoy just make sure you chose wisely when consuming it.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With my weight loss problem, I had tried almost everything. Now, with that popcorn, I guess it can be true that you can lose weight, that is if you would eat only popcorn and nothing else. Besides, the popcorn should not have a trace of salt because salt makes you gain weight. I'd rather eat boiled corn on the cob, it has the same result.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It makes me so sad to see so many people ignoring their bodies for the sake of some weight... when what you have to do is actually listen to it and the weight will fly off. Your body knows better than you do how to lose weight.. it wants it more than you do (hard to imagine, but true). Your desperation will hurt you in the long run.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Plain popcorn can help because you feel full stomach when eating it. It's not meant to improve your nutrition, but an alternative to snacking with no sense as long as it doesn't has salt, butter or flavored in many ways; cheese, caramel and so on.

However I remember when microwave popcorn became popular and some magazines published articles saying that such size serving (same as that from the movies theaters) were contributing with an alarming obesity rising statistics.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, healthy without the crap on it, but not many people will eat it plain. This is popcorn you pop yourself though, not bagged or movie theater stuff lol. Anything else is just junk. Popcorn from a theater (unbuttered!) has almost an entire day's worth of fat/calories/salt etc in it.. just one snack out of your day. Then add to that what you eat for your other meals.. just one meal and you've gone waaay overboard lol.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about making you feel full, however it isn't too bad calorie wise and it takes a long time to eat because it's so fiddly, so I suppose that goes in its advantage. Also, I like having popcorn as a snack because you can buy it relatively cheaply, meaning that you're not wasting money, which is always a good thing. And it tends to have a reasonable date on it, too, so you can stock up and then just have a bag whenever you're feeling a little bit peckish.