Popsicles

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ke Gordon • Sep 2, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the summer, many people make their own popsicles to save money. I have seen some really Neat and original recipies for popsicles including beersicles and popsicles with fruit in. I haven't made any of them since, popsicles are fairly inexpensive anyway...but my mother used to have molds. I used to freeze koolaid in ice trays for drinks...but since I have an icemaker now, that is out!

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We have a variation of this in our country. It is called ice candy. We put the flavored juice in a little plastic bag and freeze it. Many stores here sell these during the summer! My favorite flavor is coconut or buko pandan. Super yummy and refreshing!

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was going to say ours are called ice-pops! They must be in most hot countries. I remember growing up and really enjoying them. We have the home made versions, which we make in the same way as you guys do @ Briannagodess. Alternatively, you can also buy them from most stores, ready made. We used to bash them into a slush puppy and nothing could beat them on a hot day LOL

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love making popsicles for my kids in the summer. They pick their flavour of juice to make the popsicle and I bought moulds at the Dollar store. They are so much fun to make and eat. You can also use Dixie cups and popsicle sticks if you don't have moulds. We've used juice, gatorade, lemonade, ice tea. You can also freeze the yogurt that comes in a tube for a cold treat. My kids love them and they are healthy too!

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    It’s been quite some time since I made my own popsicles, but with the weather as hot as it’s been lately, I’ve really been wanting to try some of the recipes I’ve been finding. There was a ginger peach one that sounded especially delicious. Bit of work, but I bet it’ll be worth it!

@purplepen88@purplepen88 Frozen Go-Gurt tubes were among my favorite treats when I was younger. So good!

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Popsicles there, ice candy here. We make the so called ice by mixing sugar with anything - fruit juice, fruits and milk, any combination will do. But sometimes we just make a mix of lemonade and that would be frozen as ice candy. Well, ice candy is that frozen thing inside a long and slender plastic that is tied at one end. Even a child can make ice candy which is very popular during the summer season.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here we do have popsicles but I don't find them too tasty. They are ok for beating the summer heat, but taste wise they are just sweet and cold, lol. I prefer to eat the creamier alternative which is ice cream.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually have the molds to make my own, but my freezer is small, and I'm afraid the molds will fall over during the process, and make a mess. I dream of having a huge freezer where I can make rows and rows of these and regular ice cream as well, without worrying about a mess, but for now, I buy the budget popsicles at Walmart. My favorite flavors vary quite a bit, but right now I'm hooked on the banana twin pops, they're very flavorful and refreshing, and are only $1.99 for around 12.

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Popsicles, ice-pops, ice candy or whatever they are called are extremely popular where I live too and especially during the summer months - however although they are pretty inexpensive to buy - we mostly make our own - which apart from being somewhat larger than the bought ones as we generally use small paper or plastic cups as molds - its such a great way of never letting anything go to waste - as whenever we have leftover drinks such as - coffee, smoothies. home-made fruit juice or fruit/wine punches - we just pour the leftovers into a cup - pop in a stick and freeze.

10. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Making popsicles is probably one of the easier items to create at home. It is crazy that a lot of people would spend a few bucks for a sugary store variety. Heck, it is probably the easiest item to make.