Poshmark! Best Buy/sell App And Website

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Style Ish • Jun 2, 2015.

1. Style Ish

Style IshNew Member

Threads:
    A website and an app called POSHMARK. Sell your old things at 20% commission (standard): extremely user friendly, convenient, quick, reliable... #1 place out there. Take a look at my closet (one of *many*)

Perfect way to clear up the old clutter in your closet
    OR
    Perfect way to spice up your existing closet!

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used Poshmark personally, but a friend of mine recently went through some major life changes and sold so much of her old wardrobe on Poshmark. She always had very high-end, pricy pieces, so they sold quickly. From browsing around the app, it seems like you could get some good deals, but at the same time, it was often still a bit pricy for me, especially considering it was second-hand, high-end brand or not!

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend uses Poshmark frequently. Obviously there are some people selling clothes at unreasonable prices, but in general it's a great way to get a bargain or get rid of some old clothes for extra cash. Recently my girlfriend got a pair of Ray Bans for $50!

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    They advertise incessantly on twitter, it's kind of annoying. Glad this is working for people though, it's just not for me. I haven't had really any luck selling on ebay, so I don't really expect to have much better luck with another similar site. I think I just don't have the nack for it, or perhaps I don't wear anything anyone else would want to be caught dead in. The latter is more likely I think.

5. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    I have sold on Poshmark several times and the overall experience was pleasant. I think this site is more aimed towards people who are selling high end items. The lower end and less fancy items don't seem to sell as quickly or gain as much attention as high end designer things. The deals are usually decent and the quality is likewise. Overall I enjoy this site!

6. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    Ehh... I've tried Poshmark. Personally, I've had no good luck with it! The things I sell are always season-friendly, and at LEAST 50% cheaper than what I bought them for originally (hey, I'm desperate to clean out my closet for a few bucks at least by this point) - but I haven't made any sales yet... I was stuck with Ebay and Etsy - but I've only had a few lucky dollars with them. After a while, I just did yard sales and tiny Craigslist meet-ups.

After all that hassle, I've just started giving my good clothes away to clothing drives for the poor - and not only is it much easier, but it makes me feel as though I've accomplished something other than monetary gain for myself. I strongly encourage people to take this route, as well!

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this site before, so I went over and had a quick look. It looks very interesting and something I could definitely use, but to buy rather than to sell. They have very nice stuff that sells for good prices in some instances! Thanks for the heads up :)

8. MMercury

MMercuryNew Member

Threads:
    I love Poshmark! There are so many pretty clothes and accessories there for really great prices. I have only used the site a couple of times but I've been happy with them. Unfortunately, I have also heard that some tumblr lifters (a community of girls and young women who brag about shoplifting on tumblr) post their stolen items there for full price. Never pay full price for something on Poshmark.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I love poshmark. I started using it in January and sold a lot of items. I made good money from it this year. I've also bought a few items. They are brand name items and discount prices.

I've looked into using thredup too but it seems they take more then 20% commission.

10. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    So posh mark is an app for selling clothes? I think this is a cool idea. How does this compare to selling online like ebay or selling from a cosignment shop? I don't think you should be selling the clothes more than you paid for it. You might even sell it for a little bit less if it's worn.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In as much as I think it's a good concept, there's no way I'd buy anything second hand for the RRP or worse still over the RRP. I think some people do take the Michael, and you just have to be smart when you go shopping on there. I do like a lot of the stuff on there, so it's a shame that the last time I tried to log in a message came up stating it was only available to US residents. They're missing a trick, for sure :)

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will take a look at that site and see what they have to offer. I am doubting that any of my clothes would make the cut to sell on there but maybe I could pick up some items. Actually I just went to a J Crew clearance warehouse sale and picked up a Panama Hat that was tagged at 58.00 for a buck. Maybe that could be a poshmakr item.