Post Halloween Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by thisnthat • Oct 27, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Even though I don't really celebrate Halloween any more, I like to hit the sales afterward. These days, I don't indulge in the discounted candy, but there are always good deals on that too.

I usually look for other things like brightly colored paper plates, paper cups, and napkins. Sometimes, they don't even have holiday stuff on them but just come in solid colors like orange or purple. These can be used for birthday parties and other occasions later on, but you still get the nice, big, discount.

I also like the pre-packaged snacks like little bags of Cheetos or pretzels. Those work great for sending in lunch bags or taking along a snack. You get a nice big pack for maybe half price (if there are any left, of course).

What else can you pick up at these sales?

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Anytime a holiday such as Halloween as been and gone you can pick up a lot of items that have been left over in stores at a cheap price. Halloween for me though is a niche holiday if you ant to call it that, and while you can pick up discounted snacks and drinks, not many people will have a use for a ghost costume after the Halloween period is over!

Maybe it's just here in the UK, but recently I've noticed that a lot of stores aren't actually reducing the price of products after a holiday as taken place, and whereas in the past we could walk into any supermarket and expect to get big discounts on particular items, these days they are still being sold at the same price or just taken off the shelves altogether for some reason.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't really have Halloween here but for commercial purposes, we have Halloween sales. Last week we bought some Halloween decoration like plastic skulls and pumpkin baskets. They are for the neighborhood kids who will be trick or treating for fun.

Next week, our haunt are the candies and chocolates that can be used for Christmas. Yeah, they are on sale. Those packs of candies and chocolates are cheap. We repack them in small plastic bags for giving to the Christmas Carolers.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do not celebrate halloween at all, so we don't buy any of the candy, even when it is leftover and on sale. What I have found that I do buy are some of the halloween buckets that are actually large enough to use as flower pots. The Dollar Tree always has these for a dollar, and they come in different colors,
    I usually pick up a few each year, and sometimes some of the fall flower arrangements that they sell at Dollar Tree, too.
    Sometimes, there are nice decorations that are more for Fall than for halloween, and when I see nice Fal decorations on sale cheap, then I will sometimes buy those.
    I think that using the on sale halloween candy and repackaging it for Christmas in an excellent idea , @Alexandoy@Alexandoy ! !

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, these are some good ideas. Yeah, if the candy doesn't have anything specific about Halloween and it's still going to be in date by Christmas, that could work. I guess if there is an inner wrapper you could always get rid of the outer one that has Halloween stuff on it too, and repackage, like you said.

I never thought of using the candy buckets as planters, but I like that idea. Using them to hold artificial flower arrangements and things like that could work too. Cool. You are so creative.

You certainly can't beat those mark downs though. I've seen stuff at some stores marked down to a mere fraction of the original price by the time a week or two has passed after the "holiday."