Power Bank

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Oct 8, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know where I can find a cheap but dependable power bank? I saw one being used by my colleague a while ago. He used it to charge his smartphone and my phone too while we were on the road. It's very Handy and dependable. I can see myself needing it often because I travel a lot. Any suggestions on where I could buy one?

2. spikerfreelancer

spikerfreelancerNew Member

Threads:
    Absolutely! Amazon or chinavasion have these little buggers in spades! for less than $20 you can be completely wireless and always charged! I personally recommend a two piece system. The solar charger, and a battery pack or two. Always have the packs charging on the solar and say goodbye to the day's of T-minus 10%!

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon Basics sells a decent lineup of portable power banks, but a power bank reduces the portability of a smartphone, since you have to tether both devices together. It's probably a better idea to get a device with a larger battery and better power efficiency when you're due for an upgrade the next time around.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who uses a powerbank but he's not really impressed with it, he said it takes time to charge it and so does the phone when you hook it on the powebank. It's kind of a slow process. But it could just be his brand of powerbank i don't remember it though. But i've seen powerbanks sold in amazon and ebay.

5. chanboy

chanboyNew Member

Threads:
    I personally use one from a Chinese brand called Xiaomi. They are a quite reputable brand and known for cheap and high quality products. If you are from the United States you can get one here:

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Look on Amazon, there are lots to choose from at a good price. I think I would look at the Solar powered devices to help keep your device reliable and charged to be of service when you need it.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is true. My power bank is like that - very slow in charging a phone and also slow when plugging it to recharge. But that is the process of electricity, the slow charging since quick charging is not recommended because quick charges are quick to fade. I don't think there is a power bank in the market that is fast in charging. We have to live with the present technology of the power bank.

8. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I'd have to agree with the others in recommending Amazon as the perfect place for you to find the power bank that can fit your needs. I don't know Zalora is also trading in your area but it's one of the online stores I use for my online shopping. You just have to read on the features well to know if it's really the perfect power bank for you. Good luck on your shopping! :)