Pre flight insurance.

Discussion in Travel started by daimashin • Dec 23, 2013.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    For you guys who love to travel. Do you have an insurance plan that covers travelling or do you usually buy them from the agencies when you travel?

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought insurance specifically for traveling, though I might consider it if I traveled more often, or was taking trips abroad.

I think one of the smarter traveling "insurances" to purchase is flight insurance that allows you to change your flight without penalty. As far as everything else is concerned, you have to consider that paying for everything with a credit card gives you some insurance. Rental car wrecks, for example, deductible is covered if you pay with Visa or Mastercard and probably American Express and Discover. Theft of a credit card is automatically insured. Many credit card companies offer benefit traveling perks too. So I think it is probably worth your while to check with both your bank, your personal insurance company, and your credit card company to see what you automatically have attached to your membership.