Preferred payment method

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Mar 29, 2012.

1. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    If I am buying something on ebay, I always use paypal. If I am buying something online through a store such as Kohls Department Store or another local store, I will use a charge card. I can get some great rewards points by using my charge card and then I end up saving money because of my rewards card. I try to save money by using my charge card if it works for that particular purchase.

2. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    Are you a seller? Do you use Paypal to sell items on Ebay?
    I was told paypal was really strict to sellers, if you have too many disputes they will close your account immediately

3. Compulsive

CompulsiveNew Member

Threads:
    Asides from using my Credit Card (which is what I use the majority of the time), I use PayPal. I haven't personally ventured out to different payment methods as PayPal appears to be the king of the online jungle. Although many people have supposedly had problems with online payments, I haven't myself so I am happy with PayPal.

4. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal will always be my preferred payment method, but that's mainly because my earnings arrive to my PayPal in the form of PayPal funds. Hence, I prefer using my PayPal funds directly when buying stuff than having to go through an actual credit card.

5. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I suggest Paypal because is the best and secure online.They accept most credit cards, and it doesnt disclose your credit to the person you are buying things.

6. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    My favorite is PayPal, it seems to be accepted everywhere, and i get a lot of payments from other sites through it. I have had some problems with PayPal however, I believe they were taking some of my money, about 2 cents. Its not worth it though to contact them, they'll think im crazy. :p

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Paypal because it's accepted on so many places online. That and I hate signing up for a website just to put in credit card information when they don't have a guest checkout even if I'm only going to use the site once. Paypal just makes things easier.

8. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I only recently got a paypal account for some things I am doing online. I haven't really used it much yet. Can someone explain the fees? Do they charge fees when you are using your paypal account to pay for something, or just when you are accepting payment for something yourself? Silly question, I know.

9. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Update:

For those who are using Paypal and have not verified their account yet, do it now. Don't leave it until your account becomes limited.

I had a Paypay account in Thailand and I got that verified as soon as possible. So I have no problem with my Thailand Paypal account. Now I am in Malaysia and I have a Malaysian Paypal account. Due to some ignorant people at the bank I am using, I didn't verify my account until it became a limited account. That means I cannot send any money from my Paypal account nor withdraw money to my bank account. Now I have to send copies of my identity card, driving license and passport to verify my identity.

So, remember to verify your Paypal account as soon as you create it.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Does anyone use Escrow, MoneyBookers or AlertPay aside from PayPal? What are your thoughts on those?

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer paypal simply because I have all my funds in there and it is linked in my bank account so I could easily transfer money from time to time. I think their service is really good and has solid security features. Another thing is that in my country, paypal is widely used so I guess that adds to the factors why I choose Paypal over other payment processors to buy stuffs online.

12. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    Good information, thank you for sharing it!
    I have already verified my paypal account, but thank you for the advice anyway.

Escrow? I have never heard from it before. I have tried using AlertPay, but I think it isn't very useful...

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I love using Paypal because it's really easy to transfer money and pay other people. Western Union is okay, but their fees are really high. I hate how strict Western Union is about having your ID with you and how it can't be expired. Alertpay doesn't transfer to US banks anymore, which is really ridiculous.

14. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I've always used a credit card with no problems, so I'd say I that. I do have a PayPal account, but haven't used it much other than for things like ebay purchases and having money transferred to me. If I ever encounter a problem with using a credit card, I will consider using PayPal.

15. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    Well, just like almost everyone else who posted here, I prefer to use PayPal.

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    There really isn't any competition for an online payment processor, is there? I personally get annoyed at vendors that don't accept paypal.

17. SmartVersatileCookie

SmartVersatileCookieNew Member

Threads:
    PayPal and Google checkout are the only two ways I pay online. My first choice is always PayPal when it is available, and if I can't use PayPal or Google checkout, I am less likely to purchase an item from that specific website.

18. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    What do you think about Google's new payment processor?
    I haven't tried it yet, is it as good as Paypal?
    I think Google Checkout will be the main competence of paypal...

19. xtinguish

xtinguishNew Member

Threads:
    I don't do much online shopping however I'd much rather use a debit card to buy things. But between the different processers I have Alert Pay and Paypal. There's good and bads about both of them. I prefer Paypal because of the ease of use.

20. MrWriter

MrWriterNew Member

Threads:
    I always prefer Paypal. Most of the sites I use always work with paypal. I mean when iIm shopping or in Bets. I use it For years so it's the most trustful way of paying for me. I also use Alertpay but not so often as Paypal. Alertpay i use for some online income business and Paypal for shopping or to put money in Bet Houses.