Preferred payment method

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Mar 29, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I only pay through Paypal now.
    With so many scams and hackers, I don't like
    the idea of sending my credit card information
    directly to the source. I also like that you can
    deposit money in your Paypal account and use
    it to pay for your items.

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Just makes things a lot easier if I can pay for online purchases with paypal. I make most of my money online, and thats how I get paid. It just takes too long to transfer money from paypal to my bank account, and I don't like waiting if I don't have too. I usually buy what I need online, and then transfer the rest to my account every week.

3. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I prefer Paypal for its very easy user inter phase. Also many sites across the internet accept it. The only thing I really don't like about Paypal is its charge back battles. Half the time I never win my Paypal disputes. Once paypal fixes their dispute system then I really can't complain about it.

4. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I like PayPal because I find that it's the most widely accepted. I really hate all the fees they charge, but I realized that you can't have it all and still get it for free. I have used it on many occasion while I was shopping online and did not have my wallet readily available. As a matter of fact, I really appreciate when online retailers have PayPal as one of their payment methods. It means I don't have to get up and get my wallet when I'm ordering something online.

5. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    PayPal, and until now I am very content :)

I also use my debit card, as I usually have more money on my bank account than on my PayPal account.

6. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Nothing through the Internet is safe, to start with.
    But I use credit card every time I can. It's fast, I don't have to transfer money on it first and it's always avaible.
    Sometimes I use bank transfer, but only when credit cards are not accepted, which doesn't happen very often.

7. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    Without a doubt, Paypal has to be my preferred payment method. It's unbelievably easy to use, the customer support is great and 99.9% of my customers are able to pay using Paypal.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I prefer gift cards on Amazon, but if I don't have a gift card, I really prefer paying with my American Express. They have so many protections for the consumer that I don't have as much of an issue using that card online. Even better than that, they have the ability to get a prepaid card through them, so I can use that as my American Express online.

9. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    I really prefer paying with paypal. This way I am always protected by them from the seller or store and I don't have to type in my credit card, or risk having my credit card information being at risked by being on different sites.

10. JimBobIII

JimBobIIINew Member

Threads:
    Paypal, always Paypal. The only time I use anything else is Amazon, and even then only when the majority of my purchase can be paid with Amazon gift cards.

11. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I mostly prefer Paypal though not all sites support it. I believe Paypal is one of the most secure payment methods around since you don't have to type your credit card details every time. However I do think Paypal charges are getting out of hand; it's time that a viable alternative comes up since Paypal has become monopolistic.

12. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Paypal all the way. It's safer. It's hassle-free. It's a fun way to shop. :)

13. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    Yea they are pretty much charging fees for everything now that some other payment methods do for free :/

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also use Paypal too, and I have not used any other method of paying for stuff online. I'm pretty content with using Paypal since it's a safe payment processor who always sides with the buyer in the event of a dispute.

15. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I only use Paypal as well. Like what you said, it's one of the safest way of payment and disputes can be solved easily.

16. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    As many online stores now offering "cash on delivery" so i prefer this method.Pay when you get your product. What do you think about this?

17. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I always prefer using paypal for all my online purchases. I don't trust sites that require me to input my credit card number especially because I cannot change the card's csv, which means if anyone gets my card number and csv, they can do anything with my account irrespective of their geographical location. Paypal is more secure because it uses cookies that make it impossible for anyone to login from a different geographical location without having the debit card that was used for verification. I rarely shop in sites that do not accept PayPal so as to keep my money safe!

18. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    Depends on the website entirely! I usually explore the payment methods that the website supports and select the most easiest and secure way of payment. Whatever be the product or a website, Cash-On-Delivery will be my first priority. Then comes PayPal and the other payment processors. Never did a direct bank transfer :)

19. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    I only used Paypal.

20. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    i always use paysafecard, which is a prepaid card. I prefer not to expose any of my personal information online.