Pregnancy Complications

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by The Mask • Nov 20, 2015.

1. The Mask

The MaskNew Member

Threads:
    My wife is pregnant with our 2nd baby and something wired is happening to her body. Her feet, legs, hands, pretty much her entire body gets swollen. Her blood pressure is off the charts abnormal. We went to the doctor and she told us that it is condition called preeclampsia and we need to induce childbirth ASAP or there may be negative health consequences for both mother and the baby. My wife is at her 3rd trimester which is OK, but is inducing something we should really consider or wait? I mean we hear different opinions from different people. What do you think about it?

#1Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pre-eclampsia is very serious indeed. The doc wants to induce because this condition is potentially fatal to both mother and child if eclampsia itself is allowed to develop. To be honest, I'm really surprised that you're bringing this to an internet forum, your wife needs to make a decision and fast.

Just so you know, the link you have provided seems to direct to some kind of forum inviting others to post about their pregnancy experiences.

3. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    It is a serious condition and I'm sorry your wife is going through that. It's very tough because inducing labor isn't always safe either, but the risks aren't that high. You really should discuss both risks with your doctor and make him be honest with you. I don't know what I would do in that situation, that's hard. We have medical doctors though to keep us safe. So if they're very worried maybe she should just induce labor. I'm sure if you do everything will be fine. Good luck to you all.