Prepaid, Electricity, Economical

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by remnant • Mar 13, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There is a plan in my area where an electricity company is planning to install prepaid electricity meters. I am used to postpaid electricity due to less worries about being cut off the grid but expenses usually overshoot my target. I think it is a good idea to go prepaid to attempt to cut my electricity budget to cut costs.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally LOVE pre-paid electricity. It gives you 100% control, and also means you take full responsibility of your electricity. Luckily, in my county the rates are still very reasonable, whereas when we used to have monthly bills it was very expensive. I'm not sure why that was the case. Plus the bill was very difficult to understand, with a few extra charges that nobody could ever get their heads around.

Now it's fantastic because I usually bung on the equivalent of approx $50, and forget about it for 2-3 months, until I top it up again. Pre-paid meters suit me so much better :) I hope you'll also find them a lot better for you!

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea - no different from cellphone and satellite television loads. Although it appears more economical, you have to put up with days when you have to deprive yourself of electricity because you run out of budget. Whether we like it or not, when we do prepaid, we either forget the expiry date or run out of budget when the expiry date nears. On the brighter side, it teaches subscribers to be more responsible and allocate sufficient budget to pay for their electricity.